“Amore at the Harbour View”
Review of Amore Sunderland

Amore Sunderland
Ranked #139 of 422 Restaurants in Sunderland
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Amore is warm, inviting and it has the buzz of somewhere genuinely special. Bringing a dash of Chic Milan to Sunderland, Amore has created a modern yet welcoming restaurant, which retains a rustic feel despite its chic design. NEW A LA CARTE MENU LAUNCHING MID APRIL - we are changing a few things here, the popular Italian dishes are still available however, we are now also offering NEW CUISINE that one would not associate being with other Italian Restaurants. Our A La Carte section of the menu is ITALIAN FUSION CUISINE, consisting of Italian Chicken, Fish, Steak & Meat dishes fused with Spices and Flavours from other Continents of the World. We have been here for 6 years now, time to take our Cuisine up to another level with Rommel our HEAD CHEF. We hope do enjoy it!!!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amore at the Harbour View”
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately, having visited Amore when it was in Tavistock Place, I was disappointed with it in its new home. We went on a Sunday night with the lure of the three course for £10 menu. On arrival we realised there was no other menu to choose from so the food was limited. A full view of the kitchen as you reached the top of the stairs and a greasy flooring to the entrance were not the best welcome.

As a budget meal out for two it was fine but with other more inviting Italians along the seafront I don't think it'll become a regular for us. Disappointed.

1 Thank Joanne S

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“First Visit to Amore Roker.”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I have visited Amore in Town Centre for a number of year's and was looking forward to my visit to Roker.
Was happy that we could get a table on a Saturday night at short notice.
However that was about the only thing that I was happy about.
We ordered starter's and main course's. The menu choice's is plain and simple.
I ordered Garlic bread to start , it was so plain no garlic.
We were given another on and that was the same.
The main meal was average nothing special.
Disappointed with the lay out of the restaurant, Full full of the Kitchen while we sat at our table. Great when the chef use's a microwave to reheat food.
Also staff passing customer on entrance way with dirty dishes, this due to washing area being on stair way.
Not worth the money we spent would I go again. No not an enjoyable night.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Brilliant.”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Visited Amore's on the recommendation of relations, it was just as good as I had been told. The menu was extensive offering plenty of food options. The meal itself was served quickly and was piping hot. The staff are very efficient, polite and helpful. The prices a quite fair (House wine good value). All in all an most enjoyable evening. Looking forward to our next visit to Sunderland.

• Visited December 2013
“Let down by little things”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have never been to the original Amore so didn't know what to expect. It was a Tuesday night and they have two courses and a glass of wine for £10. The choice was pretty good too and more than worth the money. With it being a Tuesday there was only a few tables occupied, which is not a surprise. However what was a surprise was that there is now not a male toilet upstairs. Or if there is one I was told to go down stairs in to the pub to use that toilet.

This isn't so bad on a Tuesday evening but just imagine on a Friday or Saturday evening, when the pub is full of drinkers. The waitress was lovely and did her job really well. What really surprised me however is that it looked like the owner was sorting out his restaurant finances on his laptop just a couple of tables away from us. Regardless of how busy, I don't think you should be doing that in view of your customers.

Apart from the two issues highlighted, it's a decent local restaurant. The Tuesday and Wednesday offer real value. However on a Friday or Saturday, paying full price. I'm not too sure I'd go.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Bit of a let down”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I attended the new venue of the harbour view with 9 members of my family for a birthday lunch. When I booked the table I was told it was a carvery but I was not put off by this due to the excellent Sunday lunch food I experienced at the Tavistock. On arrival we were not offered any drinks at the table, there was no option for starters. We had to ask a member of staff what we had to do. They told us to purchase any drinks at the bar and pay for a carvery... You are then given a raffle ticket to give to the chef on the carvery. The food was reasonable however I preferred the option at the Tavistock where the food was served at your table. Biggest let down was there was no desserts offered.
There was plenty of staff in the restaurant but most just stood around not offering much customer service.
Big let down for me with the Sunday lunch and my family were not that impressed since I had raved about how good the food used to be at the Tavistock.
Not sure I'll be returning here too quickly....

• Visited November 2013