“Avoid at all costs... ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Living local and not been in Gabriel's for a while, I decided to pop in for a bite on a Saturday evening. I complained about the pizza as not fresh as the pizza base was stodgy.. The chicken tasted like chicken substitute. The waiters reply was "oh don't say that". I said "I just have"..
His response was "all of our pizzas are made fresh daily".
I replied "obviously not today".
He was quite apologetic and told us he will take it off the bill.
When the bill did arrive, he increased all the other prices on the remaining food we ordered... Making up the balance of the pizza.
Avoid at all costs, very disappointed, I won't be back...

5  Thank SunseekerSunderland

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Good staff. Nice hot tasty food. Attentive. Cozy atmosphere. Would certainly go back and recommend it.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I last ate hear 12years ago and the decor hasn't changed one bit! It was quite homely, but could probably do with a refresh. The food was nice enough and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Had a really excellent meal in this very pleasant family run restaurant. Prices were very reasonable and staff lovely

Reviewed 9 February 2014

A nice small place that was packed on our visit sat night 8th Feb . I would have happily given 5 stars but for the table I rang and booked a table for 4 at eight then I rang to confirm time number of people etc we got there in good time 15 mins early the place was full but a table was being vacated excellent I thought just right we stood by the bar [the only place with a space to stand. The table was set just as another party walked in and were shown straight to the table !!! they were followed by another party who were shown to a table before us after arriving after us, The waiter apologised and we got our seats half an hour late. The food is very good and no one could complain about the portions they are generous and tasty. The visit was for a birthday and one of our party is pregnant so standing at a bar would not be my first choice. The food made up for the wait and we enjoyed the visit I asked for a grapper drink the bottle was almost empty so I was given the drink for free as I said I would have given 5 stars except for the table shame. But I think that we will be back again.

2  Thank PeterFli