“Great Little Restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is one of our favourite restaurants in Tyneside and we visit whenever we are up in that area. I have been going there since I was a child and very little has changed and that is why I still love it so much! It reminds me of a 'trattoria' style restaurant which are still dotted around the more remote towns in Italy and we used them a lot whilst in Sardinia - more casual than formal but with good food at reasonable prices etc., and, 'Specials' on the board. The pasta and pizzas are very good value for money and you get very large helpings indeed! They are doing 'Happy Hour' prices at the moment and I think there are half price pasta/pizza and chicken dishes at half price between 9.00 p.m. and 10.00 p.m. but check with the restaurant etc. I had one of the chicken dishes which was discounted and it was excellent. Remember that, like all good Trattorias, the house wine is also very good quality so you don't really need to spend a fortune to experience a really good Italian meal! I nearly always have their Gambaroni (king prawns with garlic/wine) and they are delicious, as is the Sea Bass. This lovely little restaurant does get very busy and I have to agree with one other reviewer that the tables are sometimes close together but, if possible, try going a little later in the evening and perhaps mid week rather than always during the busy weekend times etc. Service is very good and the staff are lovely and extremely helpful. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!

There are newer reviews for Gabriele's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed 24 March 2014

this is our favourite restaurant, the food is always first class. The restaurant is small but has a good atmosphere....like an italian restaurant should be. We go for special occasions or just if we fancy a good meal, everyone enjoys Gabby's.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Heard a few good things about this place so thought we would give it a try. Had high exceptions but was really disappointed ! The place was very cramped they sat me and my partner in the corner table with the chairs directly beside each other. We asked to be moved as we wanted to sit opposite each other. We got a tomato garlic bread for starter which had no taste at all. I then ordered a lasagne for my main which was like a bowl of slop and tasteless. I told the waiter and he told me it is pasta !! Ive never had a lasagne before which tasted like nothing ... They allowed me to change it for something else so i got a tuna pasta dish which was no better i couldnt even eat it. The whole night felt rushed like they wanted you in and out me personally I would not return or recommend this place.

1  Thank LauraJason89
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This restaurant has here for as long as I can remember.Have ate there more times than I can remember.Its cosy,friendly,caters for all ages, all party sizes, massive portion at very reasonable prices.We ate there on New Years Eve, there was no special menu with inflated prices, just the normal menu and normal prices,it was packed with very happy customers.Thank you to all the staff, long may you remain keeping the people of Roker,Seaburn and Fulwell full and happy.

1  Thank Jean N
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Just had a lovely meal this afternoon. Great price, small and friendly. I like that it attracts all ages. Their happy hour meals are a bargain.