“Another brilliant visit”

Ranked #167 of 422 Restaurants in Sunderland
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Another brilliant visit”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Love this pub! Been coming here for a while now and had 2 lovely visits this week, Sunday after the match with my brother in law where we met our wives, we had food and despite how busy the pub was it came hot and quick, brilliant atmosphere and lovely staff, the bar staff dI'd excellent to serve so many people, everyone with Smiles on their faces mainly because of the brilliant football result! Food brought to us by the bubbly Katy who told us how to sign up for special offers and table cleared by a member of staff I haven't seen before but told us we could order desserts with her rather than queuing at the bar, excellent service!
Came again yesterday just my wife and I just for a quick drink before visiting friends and once again served by lovely staff, Charlotte served us at the bar twice and each time quickly and efficiently. Will definitely be visiting again and hoping to book for Christmas!

• Visited October 2013

“Barge pole-don't touch!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Just been into this local pub. A member of staff banged a door against me and then gave a mouthful of abuse rather than just saying sorry. Great customer service and I won't be back and suggest you avoid also.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank John D M
north east england
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My friend and I visited here only just yesterday for a drink, but ended up grabbing food too. I ordered a chicken sizzler and swapped the chips for a jacket potato, so it was less calories. Some meals on the menu had that a dish was between 500-600 calories, depending on your choices. Fab food, great service.

Visited August 2013
north east england
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good value pub food”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The Grange is part of the Sizzler pub chain. The menu has a varied choice of starters, burgers, grills, mains and desserts. If you look on the Sizzler website you can usually download offers for a certain period. We had nachos with chilli to share, more than enough for 2 . I had surf and turf with salad and fries and my girlfriend had chicken smothered in BBQ sauce. Food was very good for a pub chain and very reasonably priced. Worth a visit and 10 minutes to the Sunderland stadium of light football ground on foot.

• Visited June 2013
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

Visited on a Sunday lunch time around 1pm.Having never been before we were over the moon with our choice of place for lunch. Being in the pub game for over 10 years( no longer must I add ) you got to know what to choose and what not to choose.No good going for something thats cooked from frozen and microwaveable go for the fresh stuff.I had 16oz Rump from the Ultimate menu and Loraine had Rib and Chicken Combo both meals arrived promptly and were piping hot.We both had ice cream sundae deserts which were a good size and good value for money.With two drinks our bill came to around £26 which for two courses for two and drinks is not bad considering my main course was 12 alone .. will definitely return another day ..

• Visited June 2013