“Great For Meal With Kids”
Review of The Grange

The Grange
Ranked #161 of 425 Restaurants in Sunderland
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
North East UK
“Great For Meal With Kids”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is now part of the 'Sizzling' chain of pubs, in an old pub that's been here for years...the interior is typical of chain pubs and we found it clean and tidy.

We visited on Christmas Eve and were greeted by incredibly friendly staff, all in Christmas outfits! The kids were tickled pink :-) We ordered typical food for a place like this - a sharing platter (garlic bread, wings, garlic mushrooms, dips etc) and then various burgers. All was well cooked, but of course it's frozen pub food. We then finished with sundaes.

I can't understand some of the reviews on here...you go to a pub chain knowing exactly what you're going to get. It's not cordon bleu cooking! It's good, plentiful pub chain food, that the kids will enjoy and is good value. If you look on the Sizzler website, there are always discount vouchers to print off as well. This particular pub is staffed by really nice people, who are all full of smiles and we found they couldn't do enough for us.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Pidge_Pooh

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“christmas dinner worst one ever”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

myself my husband and my son went to the grange for xmas dinner it was appauling there was no fresh veg on the plate it was all frozen the potatoe was out of a packet the gravy was already put on the plate it was dried on the inside of the plate and the turkey meat was prosessed the staff changed our meal only to get another dinner worse than the one they took away we will never go back there again we got up and left no xmas dinner for us

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank chi_aj412
“Another brilliant visit”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Love this pub! Been coming here for a while now and had 2 lovely visits this week, Sunday after the match with my brother in law where we met our wives, we had food and despite how busy the pub was it came hot and quick, brilliant atmosphere and lovely staff, the bar staff dI'd excellent to serve so many people, everyone with Smiles on their faces mainly because of the brilliant football result! Food brought to us by the bubbly Katy who told us how to sign up for special offers and table cleared by a member of staff I haven't seen before but told us we could order desserts with her rather than queuing at the bar, excellent service!
Came again yesterday just my wife and I just for a quick drink before visiting friends and once again served by lovely staff, Charlotte served us at the bar twice and each time quickly and efficiently. Will definitely be visiting again and hoping to book for Christmas!

• Visited October 2013
“Barge pole-don't touch!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Just been into this local pub. A member of staff banged a door against me and then gave a mouthful of abuse rather than just saying sorry. Great customer service and I won't be back and suggest you avoid also.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank John D M
north east england
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My friend and I visited here only just yesterday for a drink, but ended up grabbing food too. I ordered a chicken sizzler and swapped the chips for a jacket potato, so it was less calories. Some meals on the menu had that a dish was between 500-600 calories, depending on your choices. Fab food, great service.

Visited August 2013