“No pasties!”

Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Myself and my grandparents decided to go to the Grange on a Sunday lunch time. when placing my order and being served the staff seemed uninterested in their costumers, although they weren't rude they weren't very pleasant or happy. There was no milk for a hot chocolate and despite placing my order and taking a seat, we were then told what we ordered was actually out of stock. No pasties! The food came out however, very quickly! The portion sizes were tiny on huge plates, the chicken was dry and the chips were overdone and lacking much potato substance. If i hadn't of been so hungry I don't think I would have been able to force any down! Terrible experience compared to rather satisfying past experiences!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Myself and a couple of friends decided to visit this pub to try somewhere new and we weren't disappointed. Menu has lots of choice and the pub caters for couples, families and groups of friends. After ordering our food from the bar, it arrived after 10 minutes. We ordered 2 burgers and a hot dog. The burgers were a little bit overcooked but this did not spoil the meal. The meals were very hot.

Overall, a nice lunchtime bite and good value.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is now part of the 'Sizzling' chain of pubs, in an old pub that's been here for years...the interior is typical of chain pubs and we found it clean and tidy.

We visited on Christmas Eve and were greeted by incredibly friendly staff, all in Christmas outfits! The kids were tickled pink :-) We ordered typical food for a place like this - a sharing platter (garlic bread, wings, garlic mushrooms, dips etc) and then various burgers. All was well cooked, but of course it's frozen pub food. We then finished with sundaes.

I can't understand some of the reviews on here...you go to a pub chain knowing exactly what you're going to get. It's not cordon bleu cooking! It's good, plentiful pub chain food, that the kids will enjoy and is good value. If you look on the Sizzler website, there are always discount vouchers to print off as well. This particular pub is staffed by really nice people, who are all full of smiles and we found they couldn't do enough for us.

2  Thank Pidge_Pooh
Reviewed 26 December 2013

myself my husband and my son went to the grange for xmas dinner it was appauling there was no fresh veg on the plate it was all frozen the potatoe was out of a packet the gravy was already put on the plate it was dried on the inside of the plate and the turkey meat was prosessed the staff changed our meal only to get another dinner worse than the one they took away we will never go back there again we got up and left no xmas dinner for us

1  Thank chi_aj412
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Love this pub! Been coming here for a while now and had 2 lovely visits this week, Sunday after the match with my brother in law where we met our wives, we had food and despite how busy the pub was it came hot and quick, brilliant atmosphere and lovely staff, the bar staff dI'd excellent to serve so many people, everyone with Smiles on their faces mainly because of the brilliant football result! Food brought to us by the bubbly Katy who told us how to sign up for special offers and table cleared by a member of staff I haven't seen before but told us we could order desserts with her rather than queuing at the bar, excellent service!
Came again yesterday just my wife and I just for a quick drink before visiting friends and once again served by lovely staff, Charlotte served us at the bar twice and each time quickly and efficiently. Will definitely be visiting again and hoping to book for Christmas!