“Sunday dinner”

Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have been going to Grange for meals for years. Today went for the first time for Sunday dinner as couldn't get a carvery anywhere else. Paid £8.00 for ultimate lunch, was given frozen roast potatoes and frozen parsnips, frozen carrots, broccoli, and Yorkshire pudding. The beef was 2 small thin pieces. When I complained that I had paid extra for the meal as it was ultimate, I was told I got more veg, not more meat. I asked to have this exchanged to the chicken, which was just as bad. My granddaughter Sunday dinner was a piece of processed chicken, peas, frozen roast potatoes and frozen carrots. We even had to ask for our cutlery! This cost over £20 for 2 adults and 2 kids, sorry but you have definitely lost a long standing customer.

2  Thank Kim T

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Myself and my grandparents decided to go to the Grange on a Sunday lunch time. when placing my order and being served the staff seemed uninterested in their costumers, although they weren't rude they weren't very pleasant or happy. There was no milk for a hot chocolate and despite placing my order and taking a seat, we were then told what we ordered was actually out of stock. No pasties! The food came out however, very quickly! The portion sizes were tiny on huge plates, the chicken was dry and the chips were overdone and lacking much potato substance. If i hadn't of been so hungry I don't think I would have been able to force any down! Terrible experience compared to rather satisfying past experiences!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Myself and a couple of friends decided to visit this pub to try somewhere new and we weren't disappointed. Menu has lots of choice and the pub caters for couples, families and groups of friends. After ordering our food from the bar, it arrived after 10 minutes. We ordered 2 burgers and a hot dog. The burgers were a little bit overcooked but this did not spoil the meal. The meals were very hot.

Overall, a nice lunchtime bite and good value.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is now part of the 'Sizzling' chain of pubs, in an old pub that's been here for years...the interior is typical of chain pubs and we found it clean and tidy.

We visited on Christmas Eve and were greeted by incredibly friendly staff, all in Christmas outfits! The kids were tickled pink :-) We ordered typical food for a place like this - a sharing platter (garlic bread, wings, garlic mushrooms, dips etc) and then various burgers. All was well cooked, but of course it's frozen pub food. We then finished with sundaes.

I can't understand some of the reviews on here...you go to a pub chain knowing exactly what you're going to get. It's not cordon bleu cooking! It's good, plentiful pub chain food, that the kids will enjoy and is good value. If you look on the Sizzler website, there are always discount vouchers to print off as well. This particular pub is staffed by really nice people, who are all full of smiles and we found they couldn't do enough for us.

2  Thank Pidge_Pooh
Reviewed 26 December 2013

myself my husband and my son went to the grange for xmas dinner it was appauling there was no fresh veg on the plate it was all frozen the potatoe was out of a packet the gravy was already put on the plate it was dried on the inside of the plate and the turkey meat was prosessed the staff changed our meal only to get another dinner worse than the one they took away we will never go back there again we got up and left no xmas dinner for us

1  Thank chi_aj412