“Nice meal, nice service -pretty good!”
Review of The Grange

The Grange
Ranked #115 of 444 Restaurants in Sunderland
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We visited The Grange at the weekend with family. This is my first time and I was pleasantly surprised. It is quite cosy inside and the staff were very friendly. I am a vegetarian and there was a good selection of veggie options on the menu (I just wish the fajitas had a veggie option as they looked delicious). Everyone enjoyed their food. The menu was reasonably priced and the house wines were tasty. Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Went with my partner and four children and we got fast delicious food, clean plates all round, even more great value for money was the kids eat for £1 deal

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have been going to Grange for meals for years. Today went for the first time for Sunday dinner as couldn't get a carvery anywhere else. Paid £8.00 for ultimate lunch, was given frozen roast potatoes and frozen parsnips, frozen carrots, broccoli, and Yorkshire pudding. The beef was 2 small thin pieces. When I complained that I had paid extra for the meal as it was ultimate, I was told I got more veg, not more meat. I asked to have this exchanged to the chicken, which was just as bad. My granddaughter Sunday dinner was a piece of processed chicken, peas, frozen roast potatoes and frozen carrots. We even had to ask for our cutlery! This cost over £20 for 2 adults and 2 kids, sorry but you have definitely lost a long standing customer.

2  Thank Kim T
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Myself and my grandparents decided to go to the Grange on a Sunday lunch time. when placing my order and being served the staff seemed uninterested in their costumers, although they weren't rude they weren't very pleasant or happy. There was no milk for a hot chocolate and despite placing my order and taking a seat, we were then told what we ordered was actually out of stock. No pasties! The food came out however, very quickly! The portion sizes were tiny on huge plates, the chicken was dry and the chips were overdone and lacking much potato substance. If i hadn't of been so hungry I don't think I would have been able to force any down! Terrible experience compared to rather satisfying past experiences!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Myself and a couple of friends decided to visit this pub to try somewhere new and we weren't disappointed. Menu has lots of choice and the pub caters for couples, families and groups of friends. After ordering our food from the bar, it arrived after 10 minutes. We ordered 2 burgers and a hot dog. The burgers were a little bit overcooked but this did not spoil the meal. The meals were very hot.

Overall, a nice lunchtime bite and good value.