“It has potential but needs a re-think”
Review of Cafe Rocco - CLOSED

Cafe Rocco
Cuisines: British
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“It has potential but needs a re-think”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We've been here a few times because I really WANT to like it. It looks cosy, the decor and atmosphere are nice. Unfortunately the over-priced, poor quality food and coffee let it down... and what other reason would you be here? My other half ordered a latte... they brought him a filter coffee. He pointed out their mistake, they took it away and brought him a nuclear latte which had obviously been microwaved to the heat of a small sun. We've eaten here a few times and the quality of the food has always been really poor, especially given the price. They have a great choice of menu though but maybe TOO much? Better to do a few things really well than a lot of things poorly.

The staff are always pleasant and I think with a bit of a re-price and re-structure of the menu (and dare I say, a new cook?) I think this could be a lovely little place.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Marie344

Sunderland
“Poor food hygiene”
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Visited today and ordered an overpriced toasted teacake with coffee. Was disgusted to find a long blonde hair in the food. When i complained there was no apology from the manager, I just overheard her say 'can someone take another teacake to that fella'.
Also, staff handling food were wearing jewellery and had long hair which was not covered. I'd be surprised if any of the staff had any qualification in basic food hygiene. Don't waste your money.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank AlfredPaxter
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Breakfast rime”
Reviewed 7 March 2013 via mobile

Visited first thing , staff really friendly and breakfast was spot on! Papers so you can totally relax while you enjoy your breakfast ! Don't know why it's not busier than it is !

Newcastle upon Tyne
“Ridiculously overpriced!”
Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

Visited this cafe yesterday as it is a nice place and food is usually pretty good. I ordered a tuna melt panini and a white coffee,both average and it cost me £6.10!
My friend ordered a plain cheese toastie and a latte and that set he's back £5.85.
Now I don't mind paying a little extra for good food but over £6 for panini and a coffee which weren't great anyway is,in my opinion, scandalous!
I will walk a little further next time and visit the many coffee shops in sunderland that don't take the mic!

Sunderland
“Nice food, lovely decor, suitable for babies and young children's.”
Reviewed 15 December 2012 via mobile

Myself and a friend called in for a coffee. We both had babies in prams and you often struggle to find somewhere child friendly with space for the prams but this was no problem and there were a couple of other groups of mums with kids in. There were high chairs available and I found it one of the most child friendly coffee shops in town.

I got a chilli jacket potato which was lovely, a good sized portion served with salad. My friend had a sandwich which she said was nice.

I really liked the decor and the staff are friendly and helpful. I will definitely call in again.