“Unbelievable quality for such a small price”
Review of Gusto Vero - CLOSED

Gusto Vero
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Situated in the heart of Sunderland city centre, Gusto Vero is a contemporary Italian restaurant located away from the hustle and bustle of local bars and clubs. Whether you would like an afternoon coffee with a delicious homemade desert, a laid back lunch or you want to indulge in a mouth-watering evening meal, Gusto Vero is the best venue in town. We use traditional Italian recipes and the finest and freshest ingredients to bring you the best in Italian cuisine. Our extensive menu has something to suit all palates, so whether you prefer a simple but flavoursome pizza or pasta dish, or something a little more exquisite like one of our succulent steaks or superb seafood dishes, then Gusto Vero has something for you.The dining area is spacious with modern decor; providing the perfect setting for romantic meals or larger group gatherings. Our waiting staff are dedicated to providing you with an enjoyable experience, attentive but reserved, our staff will ensure all you have to do is relax and enjoy the fantastic food available.Not only do we provide exceptional food and service in a serene setting, we offer all of this at affordable prices,with amazing value for money 3 course deals and fabulous specials which are updated regurlarly so why not come and enjoy the Gusto Vero experience.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Unbelievable quality for such a small price”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I have literally just got home from visiting this lovely little restaurant with my best friend and my 2 children! Upon entering we were made to feel right at home by the friendly staff, we visited at 4pm so we were the only customers in but it was perfect. Our orders were taken and within 30 mins the food was brought to our table, piping hot and smelling divine! The children's meals were huge, my youngest had spag bol with chips and my oldest had pepperoni pizza and chips (half a medium pizza on his plate) my friend got the Apollo arrabiata and myself the steak we shared the veg and chips, we all barely spoke to each other because the food was just irresistible! All in all for what we had and a bottle of house white wine and 3 soft drinks it came to £40 which is excellent considering for chain Italian restaurants is cost £20 extra! My boys were fussed over by the staff and got extra lollipops as we decided to skip dessert! I can't wait to visit again with my husband! It's located perfectly as it's away from the main hustle and bustle of the town centre! I honestly can't recommend Gusto Vero more than I have, everyone in Sunderland should visit!

1 Thank Ashflaps86

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food, please try”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Gusta Vero is so underrated, the food is absolutely gorgeous and excellent value for money! Please try the specials menu as well as this is so varied and tasty.

If you want to spend under £50 between two people then the Happy Hour is a must.

The food is cooked to perfection and boy does it taste authentic!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Becks27R
“Love it!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I come here on every special occasion, we just love it here. The owner can't do enough for you, it's so lovely. They are over welcoming which is great. The food is to die for. I wish they were in a better location and more people knew about this place as it's a little diamond. I wish them the best of luck in continuing good service. We will continue to visit. Amazing! :)

1 Thank Happychap123
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“High Quality Food”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Gusto Vero delivers an amazing choice of meals and drinks, I would highly recommend people to try it out, I would say they are the best Italian restaurant in Sunderland Town. They do delivery's to your home too, which not many restaurants do. There food is always cooked to perfection, I am a regular customer at Gusto Vero. All Staff are lovely and have excellent manners. Why not try it out, it's well worth it.

1 Thank RezHair
“Lovely Staff”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Gusto Vero staff are very friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble for them. The Risotto was lovely and they did not skimp on the seafood there was loads. Only real down point was a disappointing starter. The garlic bread had too much garlic on it. Apart from that had a great night.