“About average at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Gusto Vero - CLOSED

Gusto Vero
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Situated in the heart of Sunderland city centre, Gusto Vero is a contemporary Italian restaurant located away from the hustle and bustle of local bars and clubs. Whether you would like an afternoon coffee with a delicious homemade desert, a laid back lunch or you want to indulge in a mouth-watering evening meal, Gusto Vero is the best venue in town. We use traditional Italian recipes and the finest and freshest ingredients to bring you the best in Italian cuisine. Our extensive menu has something to suit all palates, so whether you prefer a simple but flavoursome pizza or pasta dish, or something a little more exquisite like one of our succulent steaks or superb seafood dishes, then Gusto Vero has something for you.The dining area is spacious with modern decor; providing the perfect setting for romantic meals or larger group gatherings. Our waiting staff are dedicated to providing you with an enjoyable experience, attentive but reserved, our staff will ensure all you have to do is relax and enjoy the fantastic food available.Not only do we provide exceptional food and service in a serene setting, we offer all of this at affordable prices,with amazing value for money 3 course deals and fabulous specials which are updated regurlarly so why not come and enjoy the Gusto Vero experience.
washington uk
“About average at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I would say that some of the food is ok here. However we had cheap ham on our pizza..that rubbish thick sliced processed ham..that was disappointing
.but most food was average..service was ok...won't go back though

• Visited February 2014

“Customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Today 11 of us when to Fusto Vero for a celebratory meal, Our starters were lovely and served hot. When we got our main course one of the meals had a hair in it which was embedded in the food, we reported this to the waiter who at first did not believe me and then once he took the meal away he came back to say they had examined the hair and it could not have been one of theirs. The member of staff was very rude. After we had our meal we asked for the bill, the meal with the hair in had been charged to us so we asked for this to be removed as we had not eaten it. On this request we were told they would remove it from the bill but we were not allowed to return ever again. I would never go back as the customer service was horrendous, the staff were rude and spoilt a other wise lovely day for us all. I would not recommend this review to anyone because of the way we were treat just because the food had a hair in it. All staff members need Customer service training.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Tigger779
“All i can say!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Is do try !very good all rounder!
It deserves to be higher in rankings !
We are always made to feel special!
The food is plentiful and seasoned well !
Do try......

1 Thank Angela M
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Unbelievable quality for such a small price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I have literally just got home from visiting this lovely little restaurant with my best friend and my 2 children! Upon entering we were made to feel right at home by the friendly staff, we visited at 4pm so we were the only customers in but it was perfect. Our orders were taken and within 30 mins the food was brought to our table, piping hot and smelling divine! The children's meals were huge, my youngest had spag bol with chips and my oldest had pepperoni pizza and chips (half a medium pizza on his plate) my friend got the Apollo arrabiata and myself the steak we shared the veg and chips, we all barely spoke to each other because the food was just irresistible! All in all for what we had and a bottle of house white wine and 3 soft drinks it came to £40 which is excellent considering for chain Italian restaurants is cost £20 extra! My boys were fussed over by the staff and got extra lollipops as we decided to skip dessert! I can't wait to visit again with my husband! It's located perfectly as it's away from the main hustle and bustle of the town centre! I honestly can't recommend Gusto Vero more than I have, everyone in Sunderland should visit!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ashflaps86
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food, please try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Gusta Vero is so underrated, the food is absolutely gorgeous and excellent value for money! Please try the specials menu as well as this is so varied and tasty.

If you want to spend under £50 between two people then the Happy Hour is a must.

The food is cooked to perfection and boy does it taste authentic!

• Visited April 2014