“Just perfect!”

Ranked #3 of 17 Sunderland B&B and Inns
Truro, United Kingdom
“Just perfect!”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

When I'm travelling, or on holiday, I like to be out and about during the day, exploring and enjoying what the locale has to offer. At the end of the day, I want a clean fresh room, with sparkling white cotton sheets on a comfy bed. I want a shower that really works, and big fluffy towels. I want a telly, and a cuppa. I want friendly hosts, with local knowledge. And after a good nights sleep, I want a quality breakfast, well prepared and nicely presented.
I want all this at a good price.
Take a bow Mowbray Guest House...... you deliver!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Friendly and welcoming - a home from home feeling. Breakfast excellent and hosts cannot do enough. Would reccomend to all my friends if coming to stay either for a single night or more. First class. Kev n Joules

• Stayed July 2013
Middlesbrough
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Excellent ! we would definitely recommend staying here, we had a lovely room , beautifully decorated and spacious.Breakfast and all the facilities were excellent . We were made very welcome and the owners were very friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed here because we were invited to a part in Sunderland, and at just £46 b&q it wasn't worth driving home. It was easy to find, easy to park and a real pleasure to stay.
The room was very clean, comfortable, plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits. Powerful shower and free wifi. The full breakfast was excellent.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grt1JT
Kent
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The Mowbray Guest house is a great B&B! We have stayed here several times while visiting our son and always enjoy our stay. Very clean, comfortable and well decorated. Comfy beds and good hot showers, every thing you need really! Lovely breakfast and nothing is too much trouble for Alison and her hubby. Good value and highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We recently stayed at The Mowbray Guesthouse in Sunderland for two nights. We stayed in the family room, which had a double bed and two singles. The room was lovely and clean and very spacious. Beds were really comfortable. There's free wifi, which was great for the kids and for my hubby to catch up with work. The hosts were very friendly and welcoming, and made you feel at home. Breakfast was very good, plenty of it, and it was hot. There's off road parking aswell, which is unusual for a B&B. We have a lot of family in Sunderland so travel up there quite a lot. We used to stay in Seaburn whenever we went up there, but not anymore. We'll be staying at The Mowbray, as will my parents, sister, son, and anyone else I can recommend it to. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Family room is great, and it overlooks the car park
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank sweetie111
Dovercourt, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Very close to town, the people own the place were very welcoming and all round wonderful people and made me feel very at home in what is a very new town to me. The room I was given is very clean and comfy and lots of channels to watch plus it has free wi-fi,
The breakfasts there are always wonderfully cooked and very tasty, plus there is a telly in the dining room with a PS3 to play with if you have some time to kill.
I would highly recommend staying here as its like a home away from home and excellent value for money as well. ^_^

Room Tip: All the room are great!!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo