“Absolutely gorgeous food.”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was my first visit and will be the first of many based on my experiences tonight. The beef stroganoff was gorgeous... so tasty. The staff were so friendly and the atmosphere very cosy and homely. Will be going back soon....

3  Thank 73Julie_T

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We popped in last Sunday for lunch.. Went through word of mouth.. The pub is lovely inside.. Really welcoming.. The staff were really nice and helpful.. We all got Sunday lunch.. All different meats which were fab.. Drinks and service in general was great.. Gave us a little bowl for our baby to put mash in.. My only complaint and it is a very slight one is that the cabbage and carrots could have been seasoned a little bit more but we will definitely be heading back there and telling our friends to go to..

1  Thank Grant M
joy g, Owner at The Olde Ships Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

I am so pleased you enjoyed your Sunday Lunch, and very pleased you will be back. We tend not to overseason our vegetables as everyone's tastebuds are different, so we tend to leave it to the customer to season as to their liking. But so pleased you will come back, it means alot to us.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

There were six of us in our party and everyone was very pleased with their meals . For Mother's day it was a traditional Sunday lunch with a choice of meats , the veg was brought on separate platters which I much prefer , there was mashed potato ,mashed turnip ,carrots ,mushy peas and cabbage The three meats our party had were lamb, turkey and beef which were all lean plentiful and tasty and a Yorkshire pud on every plate. The waitress ,who was extremely friendly ,polite and welcoming , could not believe it when I told her that I had been to some places who would only serve a Yorkshire pud with roast beef ! The pub itself was inviting and cosy and I would like to return soon and have an early evening meal followed by drinks. As you can see The Olde Ships Inn gets a big thumbs up from us.

1  Thank megatha9
joy g, Owner at The Olde Ships Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you so much for your review, I remember you all well; especially you telling me about the yorkshire pudding, I do hope you come back and sample our night time menu soon, but please book if it's the weekend as we get very busy.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

On our way to Scotland, we stopped over to have a meal with some friends, who took us to The Olde Ships Inn. This was a great experience. The staff were warm and friendly, with a very inviting atmosphere. The dining area is relatively small accommodating some 12 tables or so. Recommend that you book in advance, - some of the locals attend each Sunday. There is a reasonable choice on the menu, the food was plentiful, well presented and of a good standard. You can see why this is popular with the locals! Hopefully our friends will take us again!.

2  Thank wonderfree41
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We came across this place during the summer and have been back several times since for Sunday lunch, the last visit being the Sunday before Christmas with friends who had travelled from Stowmarket to meet us there. As usual, the staff were courteous and efficient and the food was of its usual consistently high standard. Keep up the good work - we're back in again this Sunday! More of the same please :-)

1  Thank skippa1948