“Amazing experience!!”
Review of Karting North East

Karting North East
Ranked #3 of 20 Fun & Games in Sunderland
More attraction details
Owner description: Karting North East has been providing activity experiences and corporate entertainment for many years and can boast a highly experienced team. Not only do we provide you with the best go karting experience, but we also provide you with other fun packed activities.We have off road driving experiences that are suitable for the whole family, a brand new paintball arena, competitive archery and tomahawk games and the fastest corporate rage rally buggies in the business. Whether you are a full time adrenaline junkie, arranging an unforgettable stag do or simply looking for a fun-packed day that will provide you with memories to last a life time, we have it covered.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I loved it when I came here! The track was great! Just not enough time! We only got around 10 minutes! Would most certainly go again! More time and more to do while off the karts is my only suggestions!

Visited August 2013

Wolverhampton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Over too quickly!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Booked the Rage buggies for 4 friends, looked like something different and a bit more challenging. It didn't disappoint, very fast, bumpy and muddy. Instructors were great, serious on the H&S briefing but also good for a laugh too. The buggies were mental, every bit as good as we had hoped for. My only gripe was that it was a touch expensive, a couple of extra laps would have made it better value for money. All over in 15 mins so I felt that £50 should warrant a longer experience. Overall a great experience that really puts a smile on your face but should have been a bit longer or cheaper.

Visited July 2014
“Good value for money and very enjoyable”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

15 of us went there for the first time and enjoyed our experience so much we are going back in 4 months. Great day, great track and excellent karts.

Prudhoe, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Assessment of Experience”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The event was for part of my friends stag do. The initial service was polite at the desk counter. However from then on it went down hill rapidly. We had a male staff member who was too full of himself, it started when I asked for a clean overall after the first one I 'dug-out' of the box was scruffy and with a non-existent zip the helmets whilst in good condition had severely scratched visors(should think of using tear-offs). His response contained an expletive even though it was not said with malice, it nevertheless embarrassed me in front of my friends. Even if I didn't have a thick skin and I do, it was a bit much without him really knowing me at that point. The karts engine felt flat -I asked how regularly they were serviced (weekly I was told), the brakes (what brakes no power, little feel) the circuit was far too tortuous to negotiate with any rhythm or speed. This was quite apart from the circuit being a dustbowl and on two occasions on my timed lap- I was blinded by my opponents kart for sufficient time to have rendered it dangerous. The male staff member obviously thought he was witty enough to be on stage-sadly this wasn't the case. One of the two instructors who was giving us the safety briefing was interrupted by this 'individual' but it gets a bit much when the instructor wa doing the necessary safety briefing, the instructor stared-out this individual which frankly should not have been necessary after his interruption. The circuit should have had a bit more thought put in to the design as opposed to being constrained by putting it in such a small area, it should also have a meaningful straight in order to get some speed up to make up for lost time in the tight and twisty stuff of which there was too much. The karts were allegedly £20000 I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at that stage, with just a single forward speed, to say I was disappointed! Overall overpriced and thoroughly underwhelming!!!

Visited June 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

3 Thank Paul E
KNEManagment, Manager at Karting North East, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Hi Paul, We are disappointed to hear about your visit. This is not our normal practice and we would love to hear from you to discuss. Please contact Dave Glynn at the centre on 0191 5214050
Newcastle
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great day touch expensive”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Well organised . The people looked after us and made sure we were safe. Thought it could be a. Bit cheaper but had a great time