“Brilliant staff”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We came for Sunday lunch and from the moment we entered nothing was too much trouble. They parked up my grandsons scooter then made room for my other grandson's trike. There were no tables ready in the restaurant but were asked if we'd like to wait in bar area and they would come and get us in approx. 15 mins but we decided to eat in the bar as this is also a very pleasant area and there were others eating there too. The barman in this side was great, very polite and friendly, stopping to ask how we all were when out collecting glasses. My 4yr old grandson had a 'make your own pizza' which was great fun - and it looked rather tasty too. The adults had the carvery, four meats to choose from with a Yorkshire pudding and a stuffing ball, then helped ourselves to a decent choice of vegetables. Unfortunately when we sat down to eat we all found the food wasn't very hot and I think the green beans are frozen (my daughter and son-in-law have eaten there before and said it wasn't very hot last time either):-( but it was still tasty. When we were leaving the staff were lovely, having a carry on with my grandchildren, even the chef coming out and getting involved. The waitresses had to shimmy around us as we were obviously blocking their way when leaving and we were moving aside saying sorry but they had big genuine smiles saying it's ok and speaking with the grandchildren again. I can't praise the service received and the friendliness of all the staff enough, we came away feeling as if we had just visited friends. The food may not have been perfect but we still had a lovely afternoon. I am looking forward to returning soon to try the Italian menu on an evening. :-)

There are newer reviews for The Mill

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

This is my fave sunday stop! Carvery dinner with all the trimmings, lovely little restaurant lovely friendly staff best to book as its always full. Have also stayed for other meals other than sunday. I got the starter and main for around 5 pound the starter was more like a main it was that big! No faults what so ever! Love this place!

1  Thank Samanfaa88
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Highly recommend, Great menu at reasonable prices, Very good efficient service with very helpful, friendly staff. Great atmosphere all round a very nice evening out can't fault it. Will certainly return.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I would highly recommend this restrung for sunday lunch. It is very tasty and reasonably priced too. You can also eat your meal in the bar if you prefer. The restraint can get quite hot and ugh young children we found it better to eat in the bar. The staff are very friendly but the could do with putting afew more on on a Sunday. The decor is lovely too. Very stylish and warm and welcoming. Well done to whenever converted this you are doing a brilliant job.

1  Thank Lucy D
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I have been to this Restaurant and could not fault it in any way. brill food, very helpful staff and all this at a good price. cant wait to return.