“Disgrace !!!!”
Review of Liberty Brown

Liberty Brown
Reserve with OpenTable
Liberty Brown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 433 Restaurants in Sunderland
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The award winning As You Like It team present, Liberty Brown, Pizza House, Bar & Grill.At Liberty Brown we're famous for...Award winning, healthy homemade food with no nasty bitsComfy chairs that look a bit lived inSunday dinners with extra Yorkshire puddings lovin' kids, cos they're just like adults only a bit smaller.Proper organic beer, it's cloudy and brewed by monksHomemade bread, just because of the smellProper chips, minus the newspaper100% organic kids menu, definitely no turkey twizzlers.Kids having a full 30 mins with Santa Friendly staff because a smile costs nothingTasty local produce, cos that's how it should beSo that's why we're bringing Liberty Brown to Sunderland.We hope you like it.
“Disgrace !!!!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I visited this place a few times back when it forst opened and the service was great food was ok. However booked a table on a Saturday night recently for my friends birthday and I would just like to emphasise the fact that I have never been spoken to by a member of staff so rudely in my ENTIRE LIFE !!!! After asking us for ID AFTER we had brought our drinks the waiter proceeded to be so rude we nearly got up and left. He complained we were not ordering enough food for the table (come on 2 pizzas and three portions of chips between 5 girls who just wanted to pick at the food and get drinks isn't bad!) The waiter was then telling us he wanted to give the table to someone else who would spend more. We told him we would spend more on drinks which we had already ordered overpriced cocktails and ready for our next ones after he baffled on. By this point we were all offended had already spoilt my friends birthday! He then got another waiter to deal with us while he told the girls sitting two tables down what was happening and they started laughing at us. After getting angry with the waiter he decided to take our order anyway ... whats the point !! The food wasn't nice the drinks were watery (revs cocktails are soo much better!). In my opinion Apartment Group should drop this chain from its portfolio or at least recruit decent staff !!! Absolute discrace would never go back and made sure none of my friends will be either. P.s dont bother copying and pasting one of your generic replies to this review as im not interested in a thing you have to say!

6 Thank Natalie B

Washington, United Kingdom
“£1 pizza, great service”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We (four of us) visited Liberty Brown for dinner. We had a reservation for 7pm, it was quite busy in the restaurant. We were seated and waited on straight away. We ordered our food (special deal, £1 for a pizza) and drinks and didnt have to wait long for the drinks to arrive. The food did take a while but we were being updated by the staff. Once our food did arrive our waiter was very attentive, asking if we wanted anything else and went the extra mile when we asked for chilli oil (they didnt have it but he provided a great alternative). We then ordered desserts; when they arrived we noticed that we had received chocolate brownie instead of chocolate fudge cake. We told the waiter and he apologised, ordered the chocolate fudge cake and told us we can have the brownie on the house. All in all we had a very pleasant night, great food and great staff!!

• Visited May 2014
VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at Liberty Brown, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Liberty Brown. We are a company with great expectations and are always striving to sucseed.

It is good to know that our staff went the extra mile for you, and you enjoyed your dining experience here with us.

We look forward to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Kind regards
Jo
“Love this place”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We visited on Sunday lunch time with our daughter, our friends and their daughter. I had pre-book a table and 2 highchairs, we arrived a little early but it was ready for us.

Service was great - cannot fault it and the staff couldn't do enough for the children. We ordered 4 roast dinners and they were lovely! For the kids we ordered off the kids menu, which at £7.95 for toddlers is a bit expensive, but again cant complain they both had dough balls to start, roast dinner for main (the portion sizes were pretty much the same as ours!!!), then ice cream and babachino's for desert, my only real problem with the kids was that there was no cutlery for them and we had to ask for spoons - it would be good if toddlers cutlery was available! On the way out the guy also gave the girls a pack on chocolate buttons.

Kids Club was on - there was Monster High characters walking about and entertaining the kids, face painting and balloon modelling as well as stuff available for colouring. This kept our girls entertained for a while.

Overall, lovely food and fantastic service - only thing I wish they had was cutlery for little people! Otherwise great for a Sunday lunch with the family.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to our venue, we value our customers comments and do our very best to ensure a fantastic experience each time you visit.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your sunday lunch and your children had a great time with the kids club activities. We appreciate your constructive comments regarding the childrens cutlery and will certainly be something to think about with future dining.

We do hope to see you and your family again in the near future,

Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Decent food, shoddy service”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

First the plus points - the food is pretty good, and the decor is as per usual from apartment - it looks great.

However, the service really lets the place down. Slow and sullen seems to be the norm, and on our visit today, a mixed up order delayed things further.

Sadly, I can forgive a lot of things, but poor service is not one of them. Despite the quality of the food, I probably won't be back. Such a shame as other venues in the company are fantastic.

1 Thank tmj2010
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our venue, we value our customers opinions as we strive to ensure the best experience each time you visit.

I can see you are a regular customer to many of our venues here at Apartment Group, i can only apologise your experience this time wasnt to the standard you expected.

I agree that poor service is unacceptable and can assure you this will be reviewed going forward.

We do hope to maintain your valued custom at all of our venues,

“Service with a sting!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Arrived on spec without booking a table on Sat 3May at approx 530pm - place was busy but there were plenty of vacant tables. Surly dismissive and down right ignorant front of house guy grudgingly offered me and my well behaved 7yr old a table for a maximum of 1hr! Accepted the table and said 1hr is fine provided the food arrives in good time- this was met with a very condescending "it will" ! Waiting staff polite, food lovely however I was billed for something we didn't have and when I questioned it this was met with " didn't you have it like?" .... Waiter who revised the bill and original front of house guy ignored us when they took payment and turned their back on us as we walked past them to leave. Staff clearly think they are better than customers! Overpriced bad experience!

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our venue. We appreciate all of our customers comments as we strive to maintain an excellent experience everytime you visit.

Firstly my apologies for the dismissive attitude you received on your visit, this is unacceptable and not something we wish to portray to our customers.

I am disappointed to hear your visit was not up to our usual standards and we will certainly look into the causes for these issues.

Your complaint has now been escalated to our general manager, and if you are able to take some time to contact me directly, i can discuss further the problems you experienced. My email address is info@apartment-group.com

Once again please accept our sincere apologies