“Overpriced! Just ok!!”
Review of Liberty Brown

Liberty Brown
Reserve with OpenTable
Liberty Brown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 444 Restaurants in Sunderland
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The award winning As You Like It team present, Liberty Brown, Pizza House, Bar & Grill.At Liberty Brown we're famous for...Award winning, healthy homemade food with no nasty bitsComfy chairs that look a bit lived inSunday dinners with extra Yorkshire puddings lovin' kids, cos they're just like adults only a bit smaller.Proper organic beer, it's cloudy and brewed by monksHomemade bread, just because of the smellProper chips, minus the newspaper100% organic kids menu, definitely no turkey twizzlers.Kids having a full 30 mins with Santa Friendly staff because a smile costs nothingTasty local produce, cos that's how it should beSo that's why we're bringing Liberty Brown to Sunderland.We hope you like it.
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Visited last Saturday afternoon when its full of kids parties. The bar was understaffed and the tables took to long to be ckeaned after the previous customer had left, eventually cleaned it off ourselves.
The food was ok but the price you pay by now way maches the standard of the food. We have visited before about 4 months ago and everything was at a much better standard. Overall, disappointing.

VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at Liberty Brown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to our venue Liberty Brown. We value our customer’s comments as we aim to continually improve and provide the best experience each and every time.

I regret to hear that your recent visit was not up to standard regarding the service. I completely agree that unclean tables are unacceptable for our customers, and is certainly not something we are happy with. I can assure you that your comments have been forwarded to the manager for investigation.

In regard to our prices, I am sorry to hear that you feel that we are overpriced. We regularly monitor and assess our prices in order to ensure our competitiveness, and will of course review them in the light of your comments.

If there is any further information you wish to discuss, or if I can offer any additional help please do not hesitate to contact me on info@apartment-group.com

We hope to have you as our guest again sometime soon where I’m sure your experience will not be repeated.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

With my children and grand-children we have been several times for lunch at the week-end. Overall I was very impressed - which is why we kept going back - and kept on being impressed. The food, drink and service were good, taking into account their occupancy - would equate with a 4-5 star London restaurant. The portions were less fulsome than 5 years ago but still adequate and the price reasonable by Sunderland standards (ie good).
However, the real magic was the children's entertainment for anyone 3-10 years old. Disney princesses (compete with the Paris Disneyland Auberge which we visited last summer), High school monsters (they were prepared to spend time with the children) - face-painting, balloon modelling, dancing - they were good, allowing us time to talk and eat. The staff kept checking that things were going as we wished and they were all tuned into children. Rreading the other reviews, I think I would be wary of going when a football match swelled the demand.

I hope you are well,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to our venue Liberty Brown. We value our customers comments as we aim to continually improve and provide the best experience each and every time.

I am thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed your dining experience with us , and that you were provided with great service. I am also pleased to hear that your children and grand-children enjoyed the kids club activites on offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My son and I stayed in the hotel and decided to enjoy lunch prior to match kick off at the Stadium of Light.
I am a global traveller and tend to gauge a restaurant by the amount of diners and Liberty Browns is an exceptionally busy eatery, having said that the staff are very polite and control the dining numbers well.
Alex Vicenti served us, praise to this particular man Is well earned.
I would recommend booking in advance if dining here or in the Tapa's restaurant upstairs

VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at Liberty Brown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Good Afternoon,

I am thrilled to hear that you and your son enjoyed your dining experience with us, and that you were provided with great service. I will certainly forward your kind words and gratitude to the manager regarding Alex Vicenti.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Came on fri night for nibbles and cocktails. We were told we couldnt have a table as we were not having a meal each. We informed him we would be having pizzas.chips.pot skins etc. He said no and put 7 of us on an extremely busy cramped and loud bar table and said we cud have food there. Which we did but it was awful. This is the second time this has happened to me and its getting embarrassing as I am always the one pushing my friends to have occasions there such as birthdays etc. We spend in total £ 254.00. If we cant be counted as valued customers then who can.............. the attitude from staff is also pretty dismissive and rude this is because there isnt enough if them, there rushed off their feet. Management really needs looking at. Super super disappointed and embarrassed AGAIN

Good Afternoon,

I regret to hear that your recent visit was not up to standard regarding the service or food. I completely agree that staff who are rude and unhelpful is unacceptable to our customers, and is certainly not something we are happy with. I can assure you that your comments have been forwarded to the manager for investigation.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Went to Liberty Brown for a work lunch, table was booked for 10 people for 1:15pm we arrived at 1:25pm table was not ready until about 1:40pm. Baring in mind we only had an hour lunch break. The table was only set for 8 and we had to pull another table over, which was dirty. The waitress who took the drink orders was rather rude and then walked off in the middle of an order.
We complained and were only offered a sorry and then the same rude waitress was sent over to serve us again, which was annoying.
Food arrived and only had about 5mins to eat it as needed to return back to work. My food was cold and I got to pay £15 for the pleasure. This is not the first time I have experienced dreadful service in here and rude staff. Thanks for the indigestion and ripping me off, NEVER AGAIN!

1  Thank Helen R