“If you want to get away from a run of the mill Italian , I recommend Angelo's”

Angelo's Ristorante
Ranked #43 of 420 Restaurants in Sunderland
Price range: US$13 - US$52
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“If you want to get away from a run of the mill Italian , I recommend Angelo's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We wanted somewhere a bit different for a birthday ,and after doing a bit of research we chose Angelo's in Sunderland. The restaurant is very attractive and we were given a corner table which was perfect. The food was delicious, tender scallops on a bed of pea puree followed by a beautiful piece of cod wrapped in pancetta for my wife.I chose sauteed mushrooms in puff pastry and deconstructed beef wellington for my main. Everything was delicious and served with not too much waiting time. The only criticism we would have is that we were shown straight to our table, we ordered wine and then no one came to take our order. We were so hungry that we asked for bread ( this is usually put on the table with the wine) There were only two people serving, one at the bar, so maybe short staffed. All in all we will definately go back.

• Visited March 2012

Redcar, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great menu, to satisfy everyone.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

We have used this restaurant several times and my wife and I are booked again this weekend. We go to Angelo's before going to the "Sunderland Empire" theater. We always go for the "Happy Hour", which is of course good value, but also has a great menu with something to satisfy everyone. Everything from pizza's to steaks and plenty of pasta of course. The surroundings are very traditional and the service is excellent. I would recommend this restaurant to anybody that enjoys good Italian food.

• Visited October 2011