“Real Italian Kitchen”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Real Italian Kitchen”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My husband and I hadn't been here for a while so thought we would give it another go in January! I have a catering company so we are very fussy where we eat, and love everything fresh.

Wow, was not disappointed at all, the happy hour was brill, 3 courses for £12.95, including steak, seafood, the lot, great value for money!

Quality food cooked from fresh and served hot by friendly helpful staff.

I never write reviews on places but I am very impressed, so much so that I have been back with my Italian family a few times since.

• Visited January 2014

“Quality meal and night our for next to nothing!”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I went for a meal with my family, as it had been a while since we had all been out together. There were 4 of us. Booked Angelo's as I've been before and loved it. We booked in for half 6, which was near the end of the "Happy Hour". I strongly urge people to try the "Happy Hour". I don't want to sound a "cheap skate". I am very happy to pay a bit for a good quality meal. But when you pay £12.95 per person for 3 courses of extremely high quality food, you can't complain.
As soon as we walked in we were greeted by the extremely friendly staff and were immediately shown to our table. We sat down at a table and were asked, almost straight away, if we would prefer to move to a bigger table - with more room. Obviously very grateful.
The service was perfect. Can't fault them at all. The staff, throughout the night, were kind and friendly - always looking to help if they could. The meal itself was delicious. The quality of food and size of portions for the "Happy Hour" were amazing. The food is incredibly fresh. No different to the A La Carte menu. This is a big reason why I will continue to go back again and again.
I really must urge people to go, if you haven't been. The value for money with the "Happy Hour" is incredible and people should take full advantage of it! The most you will spend there is on alcohol, if you have any, but even then it's not a dear do. The atmosphere was great and the staff are a credit to the restaurant. They really do represent the restaurant to a high standard. Please, please people, go and enjoy a lovely meal. Sample this lovely place. You will not be disappointed.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Very good”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I popped here after visiting the cinema as its literally directly opposite, family had been here before and recommended it to me, We had not booked but we still managed to be seated after a short wait in the bar area. The staff are very lovely, efficient and attentive and the food options were good and food was tasty. The place is nicely decorated and has a nice atmosphere, my only one gripe it was just a bit dark and I struggled to read the menu - just a small gripe though and would definitely go back

• Visited February 2014
Durham, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Took my girlfriend to Angelinos for Valentines Day. After 3 minutes of being seated I quickly wished I'd stayed in with an M&S meal. Don't get me wrong here, the staff were friendly enough and service was prompt. However, there was ZERO atmosphere, the walls inside our designated area had chips took out of the plastered surface and the decor was uninspiring. Some people may not be fussy about the interiors of restaurants but for me the ambience and atmosphere is everything. The food was average, and service was too quick, we felt slightly rushed. The bill came with a pre worked out surcharge which assumed tip amount. Not great, wont be going back.

• Visited February 2014