“My favourite”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

This is my go to Italian restaurant - diana is a fantastic waitress and the food on the main menu is fantastic

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Delicious dishes, cooked expertly and appealingly presented, with a wide range of choice. Prices very reasonable, especially at "happy hour", when there is still a more than adequate menu. Welcoming, attentive, friendly wait staff make it a pleasure to eat here. Highly recommended

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We went to angelos last night for a family meal. we booked our table for 6.15 for happy hour. The staff are really friendly especially Federico the manager who cant do enough to help. the food is fantastic and there is something for everyone. plus great value for money. definatly the best itallian restraunt in Sunderland.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

My husband and I hadn't been here for a while so thought we would give it another go in January! I have a catering company so we are very fussy where we eat, and love everything fresh.

Wow, was not disappointed at all, the happy hour was brill, 3 courses for £12.95, including steak, seafood, the lot, great value for money!

Quality food cooked from fresh and served hot by friendly helpful staff.

I never write reviews on places but I am very impressed, so much so that I have been back with my Italian family a few times since.

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I went for a meal with my family, as it had been a while since we had all been out together. There were 4 of us. Booked Angelo's as I've been before and loved it. We booked in for half 6, which was near the end of the "Happy Hour". I strongly urge people to try the "Happy Hour". I don't want to sound a "cheap skate". I am very happy to pay a bit for a good quality meal. But when you pay £12.95 per person for 3 courses of extremely high quality food, you can't complain.
As soon as we walked in we were greeted by the extremely friendly staff and were immediately shown to our table. We sat down at a table and were asked, almost straight away, if we would prefer to move to a bigger table - with more room. Obviously very grateful.
The service was perfect. Can't fault them at all. The staff, throughout the night, were kind and friendly - always looking to help if they could. The meal itself was delicious. The quality of food and size of portions for the "Happy Hour" were amazing. The food is incredibly fresh. No different to the A La Carte menu. This is a big reason why I will continue to go back again and again.
I really must urge people to go, if you haven't been. The value for money with the "Happy Hour" is incredible and people should take full advantage of it! The most you will spend there is on alcohol, if you have any, but even then it's not a dear do. The atmosphere was great and the staff are a credit to the restaurant. They really do represent the restaurant to a high standard. Please, please people, go and enjoy a lovely meal. Sample this lovely place. You will not be disappointed.