“Spot on Chinese food!”

Shanghai Manor Restaurant
Ranked #153 of 455 Restaurants in Sunderland
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 29 May 2014

One of the best Chinese meals our family have had. We absolutely loved it at the Shanghai Manor in Sunderland.. The staff were helpful and friendly. The service was quick and it was reasonably priced. The restaurant was starting to look a bit tired though, my only criticism. I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

The food are as delicious as proper so called Chinese food! My husband and I were enjoyed sharing the three dishes and one soup between. The portions are pretty much and the staff provided some take away boxes and packed for us. We are definitely coming back again and again.

The menu is available in both English and Chinese, plus pictures for each dishes, so you can easy to see what food you are expecting.

We are strong recommend Shanghai Manor to someone who truly want to have proper Chinese food! Enjoy!!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Been today for the first time after walking past many times. Excelent food & service so much choice especially if you like offall dishes. It was empty when we went but it is mainly chinese people eat there but most students who frequent are away at the moment. Please try this place you will not be dissapointed all the menus are in english once inside. Great service. Beware the bowls are large dont mix this up with your normal takeaway one dish is enough for 2 ! then go home and have a nap !

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I've been coming by this place many times, and never get in. I am not fan of asian cuisine. But few days ago I finally decided to give it a try. Me and my friend (both not Chinese) were a bit afraid, but staff is welcoming and nice. Menu is available in english, food portions are huge, prices very good! For 3 dishes (one to share) and including drinks we paid 21 pound!!! We asked for some take away boxes cause we couldnt have eaten all. Very good value for money.
The only one disadvantage- you cant pay by card.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Family and friends made a large party (10) at the restaurant which specialises in Shanghai cuisine. It is a modern decor in one of the main streets of Sunderland.[Park in the mutli storey car park by the Bridge] Food and service very good