“Many Stays”

Travelodge Sunderland Central
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Sunderland
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have Stayed at this Travelodge many of times from which each time I need to visit or stay in Sunderland I revisit. The staff are very friendly always will to help and make my stay better... Even when I needed directions Richie guided me to where I needed to be, He was very helpful and made my stay less stressful.

I have to say, seeing a friendly face every time I visit does make the stay better... Always smiling and willing to help customers.

I look forward to many more of my visits to this Travelodge.

Room Tip: I have stayed in many of the rooms within this Travelodge, from which I have had no complaints with...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank Lucy W

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights everything to very high standard and staff very helpful and welcoming ... Richie couldn't have been any more helpful, what a lovely guy, will be returning on a regular basis
........................................

Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank blues2712
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed for two nights from 12th to 14th July 2014. Great value for money, excellent location for the town centre, room was spotlessly clean. Staff were all very accommodating and friendly, especially Richie who couldn't do enough. Must better than expected, will be returning in the foreseeable future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Keren D
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My wife and I booked the hotel whilst I had an operation at the Sunderland Hotel. I was still charged four full nights even though I was in the Sunderland Royal for two nights!
Travelodge showed no compassion when even when I asked for advice on their chatline. They advised I upgrade to allow for cancellations!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
7  Thank Geoffrey R
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Good value for money, comfortable night sleep, friendly staff, ideal location and nice room!
It was a last minute booking and it was better than expected. I prefer it to the Premier Inn.
Can't be faulted for the price. I would definitely stay here again, without a doubt!!
8/10 :)

• Stayed: May 2014
7  Thank Anna F
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Thought this was a great value for money hotel. The reception staff couldn't do enough for us, really friendly and very accommodating making check in quick and easy.
There is a lift to the floors but it is only small. We had a family room, it was really spacious and clean. Could have done with a few more towels but the ones we did have were good. The bed was very comfortable, had crisp white sheets and had probably the best two pillows Ive ever had in a hotel. There is a travel kettle, tea/coffee cups and a couple of plastic cups. There are a few sachets of tea, coffee, sugar and milk. There isn't a hairdryer, but you can borrow one from reception. The only downside to the room was no air-con. The weather was warm during our stay and our room was really hot but ask at reception for a fan and they will let you borrow one. There is some noise from the bar door but the inside of the hotel was really quiet.
There is am option for a small breakfast pack, but you are so close to the town centre I would recommend you eat there instead. The bar next door sometimes does takeaway meals, complete with drink, but check with them first as they don't always have the takeaway boxes. Also, if you go to the bar at night please take some ID as the bouncer is very strict and will not let anyone in HE thinks is under 25!
All in all, great location, 5 mins to the town centre, shops, cafes restaurants etc. Also recommend The Gatsby in the town for drinks and good value food.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the rear of the bar next door.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank LuluH1904
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Travel Lodge is a budget choice and it offers very good value and comfortable, clean accommodation. It is minimal so take your own hair-dryer and though there is soap for washing and showering you may prefer your own. 30 minutes free WiFi or £3 for 24 hours wasn't too bad and it was reliable and quick. The staff were unfailingly helpful and welcoming.
Generally fine - parking is an issue however as they have minimal spaces although there is a secure, locked overnight car-park literally round the corner.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the main road as the back is a main thoroughfare for late-night weekend dri...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo