“Good overnight stay”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Sunderland
Ea, Spain
“Good overnight stay”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

A well-maintained hotel, with friendly and helpful staff. Our room was very quiet both from internal and external noise. Found the bed a bit too hard - could have been softened but we didn't know that.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
cheryl s, Manager at Premier Inn Sunderland A19/A1231 Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We do take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel, and the team constantly strive to deliver excellent service at all times. I would like to apologise about the matress and on your next visit, let us know any issues you may have and the team will be more than happy to help. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Last used Premier Inn in Woking with family, which had a Brewers Fayre next to it, and the combination was excellent.
Therefore, when I had to spend a night in Sunderland on business, I noticed there was the same combination near where I needed to be the following morning, so thought I would go for this as travelling on own, so good to know safe restaurant nearby and no aggravation.
Sorry to say I was disappointed, and this comment is as much about the restaurant as the hotel.
When I got there, I checked in fine, and was given a nice room. So far so good.
I asked if the restaurant would be busy, and they said it would be fine, and I asked advice when I needed to book a cab in the morning for my destination, and asked receptionist to book me a cab.
I tookadvice from Trip Advisor to ask advice to get quiet room as road noisy, but the noise from the road would have been far better than the noise through the walls. They are far too thin, and got woken up early by man coughing (sounded like he was in my room), had constant clicking noise in room every 5 mins, and when TV put on next door I could hear every word.
Then I go for breakfast (mediocre, but ok), and wait for my cab. It didn't arrive and the taxi firm never received a booking, so the reception clearly had not booked it the night before, which made me late.
Will not go there again
Also be warned about location, if you arrive as I did in rush hour, you will sit in cab for long while from airport getting stuck in a traffic jam.

Room Tip: Over car park
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JulieF172
cheryl s, Manager at Premier Inn Sunderland A19/A1231 Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a great nights sleep, and we guarantee this. We do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. I also apolgise for for taxi not being booked and have fed this back to the team so this will not happen again. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Hubby has Coeliac so breakfasts can be difficult. On hearing this the receptionist checked the food allergy register herself for us and then offered to go out to buy gluten free items so that he could have a breakfast. Never had service like that before

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
cheryl s, Manager at Premier Inn Sunderland A19/A1231 Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We do take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel, and the team constantly strive to deliver excellent service at all times. I am very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We had a family party to attend and only really needed somewhere to crash for the night. The Premier Inn seemed pretty good value and was only five minutes from the party venue.
The staff were friendly, the rooms were clean and comfortable and the breakfast was great.
To be honest I wasn't expecting much, but was very pleasantly surprised and would have no hesitation in staying again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments. My team and I work hard to exceed our guests expectations. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

clean and comfortable with nice friendly helpful staff. Easy parking and situated off main route with easy access to city centre. Shower and bathroom fascilities also very good and, in the morning a good choice on offer for breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you all so very much for your recent feedback, this is greatly appreciated.

It is great to see that you have enjoyed your time with us at Premier Inn, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!
Shap, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this premier inn many times when visiting family. The staff there are brilliant, they are so helpful and friendly and so are the restaurant staff . Its great having the restaurant on site the meals are really good something for everyone on the menu. When we check in we walk through the door and they remember who we are. Now thats good service for you. I wouldnt stay anywhere else.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I last stayed in a premier inn about 8/9 years ago so when we saw this at £29 a night I expected for the hotels to now be old and shabby. Wow what a shock, clean, modern, no signs of wear & tear, very quiet, friendly & helpful staff.
Other budget hotel chains should take a leaf out of premier inns book!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunderland
Premier Inn Sunderland North West Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle (Washington) Hotel
Holiday Inn Washington
Holiday Inn Washington
#4 of 6 in Washington

Been to Premier Inn Sunderland A19/A1231 Hotel? Share your experiences!