“Great customer service”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Sunderland
FALKIRK
“Great customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the first time last week. What makes this hotel stand out from the vast majority of the other hotels I have stayed in is the great customer service. Warm, friendly and willing to go that extra mile (especially when you leave your credit card at the front desk!) the staff were great. Much appreciated and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. Will definitely stay there next time I'm in Sunderland. The Thai restaurant is well worth a visit too!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
KEITH D, Director at BEST WESTERN Roker Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for such a positive review. I am delighted that my team showed excellent customer service skills whilst you were staying with us last.

I will pass your kind words to all involved and we look forward to seeing you agian on your next visit to Sunderland.

Tavistock Leisure Ltd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
sunderland Tyne-and-Wear
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

fantastic night. lovely comfy room. more breakfast than you could ever eat !!!
everything was top notch, staff, room and food. we were all very happy :)
we had our family Christmas party. 3 course meal. live band. disco. drinks.bed for the night. breakfast in the morning. all on a cut price deal.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view or you could get a view of a garage roof
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for such a kind review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and party night with us.

Once again a huge thanks for your custom and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

On the 28th January we stayed for two nights in the Roker hotel at the beach in Sunderland. The stay was part of a trip organised by Training Trips for talented youngsters from Australia to Europe, and we had them just picked up from Heatrow after a weeks stay in Spain.

The rooms were very good and the Deborah and her staff were great, very helpful and nice. The food was good and even when we want to chance something or asked for a favour it was all possible.

We from Training Trips will definately come back to this hotel when we have another team over.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank youfor taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted that Deborah and the team ensured you had an enjoyable stay.

I will pass all of your kind comments to all the staff involved. We certainly thank you for your custom and we look forward to welcoming you and your groups on your next visit to England.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

me and my family went to italian restaurant which is part of the best western roker hotel,we had a beautiful meal,but what made it extra special was the service we recieved of the turkish waiter isan.he was so polite and helped us to choose our main meal from the menu,which he suggested.it was also my husbands birthday in which isan made it extra special with the service he gave us,he made us very welcome from start to finish.we will be sure to return to this restaurant.thank you for a great night isan

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
KEITH D, Director at BEST WESTERN Roker Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you review and custom. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience and that Isan looked after you so well.

I will pass your kind comments to all concerned and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

I stayed at the Best Western Roker Hotel Sunday 3rd February and thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of my visit.

I was unexpectably upgraded to an Executive Room which I can only describe as breath taking! The Jacuzzi Bath took my breath away and I throughly enjoyed taking advantage of it. The King sized bed gave me the best nights sleep I have experienced in a Hotel. An added pleasure was wonderful sea view.

I dined in Retro Italia with some of my family, the food was devine and the service second to none.

Finally I choose to relax and have breakfast in bed the next morning, this was delivered quickly by a fantastically helpful man. It was delicious and ended my stay in the best possible way.

Will most certaintly return as I had a truly wonderful experience.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for such a great review. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

I must agree the sea view is stunning and pleased you enjoyed the jacuzzi bath, I must confess I think its a stunning room also!!!

I will pass your kind words to the gentleman who was helpful in delivering your breakfast. I am sure he will be delighted that he managed to provide an above and beyond approach!

Many thanks again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the near future.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

Once again we've been fortunate enough to stay at The Roker!! My husband had business in Newcastle, it gave me chance to have a girly day with my Daughter! We chose the Roker after an exceptional stay, last September! Again we were not disappointed the rooms are beautiful, quirky and different! We ate in the Retro Italian! The food was again sublime! The fillet steak was to die for so beautifully tender, the antipasti was devine! We will be back!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front lovely view
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for such a positive review. I am personally delighted that you enjoyed your second visit to our hotel, it was a pleasure to welcome you.

I am delighted also that you had such an enjoyable visit to our restaurant and that you found your steak to be sublime!

I am pleased also that you had such a great stay with your daughter!

Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

We have recently begun having lunch in their restaurant - excellent service (the waitress/bar maid really makes an effort), good food, nice views of the sea, too!

The review is asking for a 200 hundred character minimum... what else can one say except that the restaurant has excellent service, good food, good views of the sea.. It would be nice if they fixed the hand dryers in the toilets, though. :)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit. I am delighted that you have begun to use our restaurant for lunch.

I have looked at the problems with the hand driers and have instructed for this to be replaced.

Thank you for your custom and we look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again soon.

Tavistock Leisure Ltd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunderland
Sunderland Marriott Hotel
Premier Inn Sunderland North West Hotel
Quality Hotel Boldon
Quality Hotel Boldon
#1 of 1 in West Boldon

Been to BEST WESTERN Roker Hotel? Share your experiences!