“Good value with Groupon”
Review of Casa Rio

Casa Rio
Ranked #259 of 440 Restaurants in Sunderland
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Keep and eye on Groupon as they often have good deals for this restaurant. We have been three times now and the food is always good. The service is good and they have recently moved location down by the riverside which is a lovely spot. If you like tapas - give it a try!

1  Thank L M

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My son booked this restaurant for my birthday as I had never experienced a tapas meal before-thought it wasn't for me- but how wrong I was. As it was a Monday evening the restaurant wasn't very busy ,but it did fill up and the waitress was very attentive but"not in your face". We had a wonderful selection of dishes but my favourite was the belly pork---never thought I'd say or write that. It was great having a taste of everything that I would probably never order as a main meal. My son particularly enjoyed the huge dish of mussels and I did venture to eat some myself.All in all it was a truly pleasant and certainly interesting and enjoyable Tapas and I would certainly recommend it. It is however now situated in The Ropery.a good move according to my son says as there is absolutely no worry about parking.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Hi, went with another couple on Saturday night, very impressed by the quality and quantity of the tapas, pork belly in particular was excellent. Staff very helpful, atmosphere great. Would definitely go again.

1  Thank DavidOM2013
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Very pleasant restaurant with lovely atmosphere.
Great tapas would highly recommend.
This restaurant has recently changed premises but new place just as nice as old.

1  Thank mooshy123
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have visited this restaurant in the past and its been absolutely spot on with tasty and authentic foods and breads. Not yesterday! Myself and friend went after work really hungry and looking forward to a real treat as it has been in the past.
We ordered chicken, prawns, mussels and chorizo dishes and bread with a couple of other extras.
The chicken was as if it was a cooked then frozen chicken breast (because it was hard) then put in a sauce.
Prawns Pil Pil are normally sizzling in garlic and chilli oil (as they were in the past) but were frozen prawns in a thick tasteless tomato sauce on top of a lump of dry bread
The mussels were tiny and tasteless and definitley seemed that they had come out of a packet.
The chorizo was mushy and fairly horrible.
The spanish omelette was nice and the small potatos were ok.
In the past the bread has been absolutely gorgeous and great for dipping in sauces but this was stale, hard and tasteless (should not have been served) and was served with a load of olive oil with a tiny amount of balsamic vinegar lurking in the bottom (not edible).
I dont know if this was because I had booked on a Living Social offer or not but I would definitely not return to eat what I would describe unpleasant offerings.
I do have to say that the staff were very friendly and helpful as a plus point.
I cant believe that its the same restaurant that I visited before. What a shame

1  Thank mich m