“Lovely food and friendly staff”
Review of Casa Rio

Casa Rio
Ranked #276 of 456 Restaurants in Sunderland
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 February 2014

First time here, I was not disappointed, food was tasty and plentiful, prawns, mussels and belly pork were all beautiful, staff very friendly, they have now moved back to their sunniside location, will definitely be returning

1  Thank Tracey P

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Keep and eye on Groupon as they often have good deals for this restaurant. We have been three times now and the food is always good. The service is good and they have recently moved location down by the riverside which is a lovely spot. If you like tapas - give it a try!

1  Thank L M
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My son booked this restaurant for my birthday as I had never experienced a tapas meal before-thought it wasn't for me- but how wrong I was. As it was a Monday evening the restaurant wasn't very busy ,but it did fill up and the waitress was very attentive but"not in your face". We had a wonderful selection of dishes but my favourite was the belly pork---never thought I'd say or write that. It was great having a taste of everything that I would probably never order as a main meal. My son particularly enjoyed the huge dish of mussels and I did venture to eat some myself.All in all it was a truly pleasant and certainly interesting and enjoyable Tapas and I would certainly recommend it. It is however now situated in The Ropery.a good move according to my son says as there is absolutely no worry about parking.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Hi, went with another couple on Saturday night, very impressed by the quality and quantity of the tapas, pork belly in particular was excellent. Staff very helpful, atmosphere great. Would definitely go again.

1  Thank DavidOM2013
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Very pleasant restaurant with lovely atmosphere.
Great tapas would highly recommend.
This restaurant has recently changed premises but new place just as nice as old.

1  Thank mooshy123