“Good Food, Terrific Value and always a welcome”
Review of Raffles Coffee Lounge - CLOSED

Raffles Coffee Lounge
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: British, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Julie and her staff are always cheerful and helpful in welcoming customers new and old to Raffles Coffee Lounge.
I have been going there regularly for a about a year now, sometimes with friends and sometimes by myself, and I'm not that surprised to hear the staff welcoming customers, often by name, as this restaurant offers Good Food and terrific value for money.
I usually have a main course, dessert and a pot of tea for just a little over 6 pounds (Nov 2012 Prices).
I have added a photo of my favourite Mince and dumpling main course from earlier this year.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

Thanks to this welcoming warm clean and friendly cafe!, the food was second to none. and cakes to die for! i will be back!! Linda.B

1  Thank linda b
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Really surprised by the number of positive reviews of this place. It's really nothing special. Service is iffy and although the portions are plentiful, the food is average without much flavour, and the whole place could do with a good clean.

Being refused a glass of ordinary tap water is really odd. We won't be back.

4  Thank Brenda B
julie w, Owner at Raffles Coffee Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

hi sorry you did not enjoy raffles my first issue with this review is the tap water we offer a two course lunch for 4 75 on that day you asked the member of staff if u could swap your dessert for a bottle of water when we said politly we could not do that as the offer was dessert and main meal i dont think many resteruants would do that why we dont give tap water as we would haue to put a seruice charge on as i would rather sell you a bottle of water than do this as for the place doing with a good clean we haue a strict cleaning schedule and 5 star rating which is excellent from the public health

Reviewed 17 November 2012

i went to raffles after a frind told me about it and i must say how enjoyable my experience was the selection available was second to none ther was something for every one of us and very reasonable to.it may have been my first visit there but certainly will not be my last.my husband and the children are allready asking when can we go back i must say a big thankyou to the staff who could not do enough for us and made it a very enjoyable afternoon thankyou raffles from a very delighted family

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I came across raffles after reading all the excellent comments on this website.and i must say i,m glad i went.The food was superb, mince and dumplings are excellent, the chicken tikka masala is hot and loverly, spot on for a chilly afternoon.The cakes were absolutly beautiful and the coffee was perfect. Julie makes you soo welcome .Will definatly be going back and taking our parents to try julies christmas menu..This place should have its own website, everyone should know about this place,,,Its second to none. thank you julie for a very warm welcome and excellent food.