“always fresh,lovely home made food”
Review of Raffles Coffee Lounge - CLOSED

Raffles Coffee Lounge
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: British, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The food is always lovely,fresh and very home made like
the staff is the most friendly staff i have ever meet,and Julie (the lady owner)is just a lovely lady who knows how to cook and bake,the cake are delicious and the sausage casserole is my favourite dish out of all
love it

Reviewed 5 October 2013

really nice staff. very warm and friendly atmosphere. a traditional sort of style but nice and cosy. only wanted a coffee and small bite to eat so ordered coffee and toast, toast was really nice, like bun toast instead of slices. 4 pieces of toast and 2 coffees well under £5, BUT got a refill on coffee without even asking so technically had 4 cups! we enjoyed our toast, coffee was fine but not the best that is the only negative thing I have to say. will definitely return.

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Visited raffles on Saturday and what a brilliant place this is. Service with a smile and food was excellent. Had mince and dumplings with black cherry cheese cake for dessert, I couldn't fault anything. I was recommeded by a friend and I will defiantly be back. Perfect homely touch which makes you feel so welcome.
Thanks again to the lovely staff

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Another lovely meal at raffles.

Popped in this Saturday with family, place was buzzing which is a good sign. Even though the staff were rushed off their feet the service was still 5 star.

Had lasagna and eiton-mess always very yummy.

Thank you once again for the lovely meal and great service.

See you all soon : )

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and I decided to visit after reading the reviews but we came away angry. Waited at the counter to be served by young assistant and was ignored, two regulars came to the counter and were served immediately. We put this down to a simple mistake so we waited again, was completely blanked yet again and the final straw was when an elderly gentleman came to the Counter and was served immediately ahead of us, at which point I protested and walked out. Raffles looks like a very nice café with loyal regulars but unfortunately because I got ignored twice I won't be one of them, they seem to do a lot for the regulars but nothing for newcomers. Very disappointed.

3  Thank Pallionlad
julie w, Owner at Raffles Coffee Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

HELLO WHAT CAN I SAY we hold our hands up and can only give you and your wife our sincere apologies,I AM NOT GOING TO ATTEMPT TO MAKE ANY EXCUSES I FOR ONE DO NOT LIKE BAD SERVICE AND WOULD NEVER CONDONE IT AT RAFFLES , but i think there was a little confusion at the counter and it was not done with any malice or personal intent ,I know this is no consolation as you left RAFFLES FEELING ANGRY AND LET DOWN by our service. if possible would you give us another try and let us explain as you say we are a nice coffee shop who have many loyal regulars but also have a lot of new customers who we have noticed come back again and again please believe me we give everyone the same service, could you please email me with your number or give me a ring so i can get back to you thank you julie