“Best Italian -my fav place to go”

Signatures Italian Restaurant and Grill
Ranked #36 of 444 Restaurants in Sunderland
Price range: US$4 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Signatures Italian Restaurant and Grill is an ideal venue for large groups, families and couples alike with large booths and the cosy red room for romantic meals or special occasions. Our menu offers something for everyone whether you fancy something 'cheap and cheerful' or a succulent Fillet Steak (our Signature Fillet is a must). We pride ourselves on our great food and service by our friendly staff and were thrilled to be voted as one of the top 5 restaurants in Sunderland for 2012 by the Sunderland Echo. Adjoining is The Castle Bar, a modern yet relaxed bar which is ideal for enjoying pre or post dinner drinks.
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have to say signatures is the best Italian restaurant I have ever been to and I've visited allot. We first tried it out one Sunday as its practically on our door steps and heard they offered a Sunday lunch, it was tremendous tasted amazing so much that we booked for Xmas day 2012 ,we had such an amazing time and fantastic food that that xmas that we re booked for Xmas 2013 immediately after finishing our lunch. Again this year had amazing food, service and company that we again booked for next Xmas.
My fav starter from the italian menu is the garlic and tomato bread which is sooooooooooooooo delicious I could eat the full thing to my self but I share if I am feeling friendly ha, then my fav main is the fillet steak Diane which is mega tasty and the steak is so succulent with veg which is cooked to perfection then if I have any room left the profitta rolls in mars bar sauce are amazballs. Very reasonably priced including the drinks I recommend this place to everyone many which also love it as much as me and my family. We all love this place and visit at least once a week. Think it would be a great idea if you started a deliver service as well I certainly would use it think it would be very successful. Keep up the good work x x

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This was our first time visiting this restaurant while staying with friends in Silksworth.Although the table planning was not very personal we asked for one with sofa seats which was better than sitting in the middle of the room, and the staff accomodated this without any problems.The food was of very good standard and well presented, with friendly and efficient staff.We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and would return again. My only point i wish to state is that they do not accept cards for payment and you are asked to get cash from the nearby cash machine. Being a resident from Spain i was sure this wouldv,e come at an additional cost. Thankfully i did have enough cash to cover the bill and tip but unfortunately the staff did not receive as much as originally intended because of the inconvenience of using all of my available sterling cash. It would certainly be a better option for the management to include a card service for payment.A nice restaurant and can cater for large groups.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

As we are regulars to the restaurant we decided to go for Christmas lunch again for the second year running. Again they did not disappoint, food was out of this world and the staff were exceptionally friendly! Love this place and would recommend to anyone. Thanks signatures!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We visited Signatures recently for a big family meal. They coped admirably with what was a group of around 20 people. Granted we had pre-ordered but the service was nonetheless friendly and efficient. The food was fine but nothing special. There's a good range of pasta & pizzas that are good value but not particularly authentic. It's actually as much a steakhouse as it is an Italian and quite a lot of our group had various types of steak. I'm a vegetarian myself so it's hard to comment on them but they were very sizeable and everyone seemed to enjoy them. All in all a fun night but I'd say the food pretty average. But if you want to eat out in Silksworth rather than venturing into the city it is definitely worth checking out.

1  Thank eddymaya
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I was at this place for a meal with friends and it was fantastic I cannot fault it. The size of the portions are huge well worth the money which you pay. You must go!!!!

1  Thank graham_marshall119