“Busy for a sunday”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My partner and I visited the Panda today for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. There was an extensive choice and some very flavousome sauces. My favourites were the black bean chicken and black bean beef, there were also Satay chicken and a huge other selection of items. They also do a section which includes Beef, Pork, Yorkshire pudding and vegetables on a Sunday, so I would imagine everyone is catered for.We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch but I was a bit disapointed there were no bannana fritters available. Probably due to the Sunday Dinner section, but otherwise good value for money, tasty and enjoyable

1  Thank TyneAndWearColumbus

Reviewed 28 February 2014

After a wedding, we had another family get together before we all took off onto our flights back Europe. This is the right place to go. Always delicious hot food, superbly spiced and always refilled should a dish go empty. And it goes empty fast because the food is grand. Also for our vegetarians, more than enough to select from. The smaller members of the families also had fun with the dessert bar. They are also fast in cleaning away any empty dishes. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I’ve been a few times and it’s ok. Average food, Average decor & cheap.(Well it used to be) BUT!
Unfortunately they had to go and spoil themselves when they told me my 10yr old son was now an adult because he was 1mm over the height limit? Literally his hair was just over the measuring board (it’s like Satan’s version of an Alton towers height limit) and they insisted he was too tall?? Now what height has to do with food consumption is beyond me. He weighs about 4.5 stone soaked through in his best Jeans. He is positively skinny, don’t get me wrong he's a good eater and plays loads of sport hence he carries barley any body fat, but to be told he is an adult is just a joke. I told them I was in the previous week and they said we must have been lucky. Well my kids love the place so we just cracked on and had our food (although I wasn’t as carful with my potion size and food wastage as I usually am). No doubt I will go back, like I said the kids really enjoy it, but my son will be in flat shoes and his hair will be slapped flat on his head.
PS: I work with a bloke who is about 23 stone and 4ft9" might take him with me the next time and see how they deal with that!!

!!!!!!!!PANDA SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank NO5HIT
Reviewed 18 February 2014

cheap and cheerful and lots of choice. good choice of foods and desserts for everyone! I especially enjoy the satay chicken its lovely.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I've had mixed fortunes at other Chinese buffet outlets of late, but the Panda can always be relied on to provide a decent spread at a reasonable price.
Not much has changed there for some time. The double door entrance still somehow fails to keep the draughts out of the right side of the room. The food area can be a little cramped when it is busy. Beyond that though, it really not bad. I've never experienced food that is anything other than hot - maybe it varies 'off-peak'.
By Chinese restaurant standards, staff are quite cheerful and quickly remove empty dishes. Improvements? I'd like to see a hot and sour soup alternative to the current choices. A warning regarding presence of bones in some dishes may be helpful to younger families - some duck and chicken courses are not boned, and the meat is chopped, not carved, so small bone fragments can remain.

1  Thank Auditor33