“Top notch cafe serving tasty delights”
Review of The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter
Ranked #31 of 441 Restaurants in Sunderland
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I visited this lovely cafe with my friend who visits the place regularly i wasnt disappointed at all. Its small and quaint, the staff are lovely, the atmosphere is friendly and welcoming, its busy but service is attentive and non intrusive.
They have a lovely specials board and sadly we missed the Quiche with home made chips which i really fancied as i guessed it had been very popular and it was late in the afternoon when we dined here. I opted for Mince pie with chips it was a lovely just what i needed and the homemade chips were just lovely, the people next to us had a deconstructed ham salad the ham is hand carved little pots of coleslaw etc on the side, a lovely mixed salad and home made chips i was eating mine with my mouth and the ham salad with my eyes it looked awesome. My friend had the corned beef pie which was homemade plentiful and lovely served with gravy.
So many lovely things on offer, every tab le was busy and lots of regulars coming back, always a good sign in my eyes returning business means they have their recipe right and i would concur with this.
Really looking forward to going back

2  Thank Lafybug

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We love going here. The food is always great, superb value and served promptly by friendly staff.

What else could you ask, well apart from the very quirky and attractive decor.

love it!

2  Thank DISCOPANT
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This was my wife and i`s first visit ,love the decor very quaint, the food was excellent and beautifully presented, the top hat breakfast was1st class and the grilled chicken with bacon and leek sauce was delicious 10/10 . The staff were very good especially as the were very busy , we will now be making regular visits keep up the good work. Steve

1  Thank stevespirit1947
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Been here a few times and the food has been great ,staff are very friendly. Attended today and now on quite a restrictive diet and all of my questions were answered and nothing was an issue for them. Nice to go back to a place I love and they were extremely supportive, well done. We will be back. if you have not been there what are you waiting for.

You must try the desserts ! Well done and thank you

1  Thank Victoria K
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Lovely little café.I really enjoyed my lunch of chicken breast with a mustard sauce,and the list of home made pies and puddings looks delicious(although sadly I was too full to try any)When we call in next time im going to take advantage of their take away service and bring home a slice of blueberry and almond pie.

1  Thank brenrobbo