“Good special menu”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We went to the restaurant for a tea time special which was 2 courses for around £9. First impressions were good, the decor and set up of the bar and restaurant is great, with an open kitchen area which you can see into. Loads of staff present so customer care was great, and service quick.

Surprisingly on the special menu there were mussels, prawns etc.... lots to choose from. More often than not specials will only have a selection of 2 or 3 of the cheaper ones. Mains were pizza or pasta, portions were probably just right, not huge but not tiny. But the taste and quality of the food presented was great.

Will be revisiting.

2  Thank ronneyroon

Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

I have been 6 times so far lunch times and evenings. I have no complaints at all, food excellent service great wine good quality. I do like a good meal / wine / but it must come with good service and timing. This has been exactly what I have received every time I have been here so far. Keep it up

1  Thank Jimzzzz
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Went here on a busy saturday night with friends and i was very impressed. I had the fishcakes to start which were oozing with flavour and a fillet steak for main which was cooked to perfection. The drinks are a reasonable price for the surroundings not too expensive and the house red is the best house wine i have ever tasted! Staff were pleasant, service was good and i will definately be back and spreading news of this fab new establishment!

1  Thank laura_p_89
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Me and my husband went this evening for a birthday treat meal, not on happy hour but full price menu. First impressions were very good as we sat in the bar area for an hour and had a drink, the bar tender was very good. We then went in to the main area where we were seated again this was fine. (apart from the rocky table but hey ho)
Starters came pretty quickly, great however I'm an adult and would like to be fed a bit more, portion sizes were tiny, potatoe skins are pretty cheap so please give your customers a few more. Any way time for the main.....
We thought lets get a meat dish each so my husband got a steak and I got a chicken dish, asked for steak medium (it's the rarest steak my husnd has ever had) he had to use my napkin to spit out the fat! My chicken dish was ok and I mean ok nothing to rave about. Again portions very small in comparrison to Italians in Seaburn or Italian kitchen. Ok so I'm still hungry, let's get a desert, I love cheese cake and was pleased when I saw it on the menu after I had to ask for one so when it came I thought ok it looks poor but let's give it a go. One mouth full of the cheese cake and it had a liquor in it (I have not drank alcohol for 2 years so could taste it in the chocolate base) so I could not eat it. Again got the waiters attention to say that it had alcohol in and he advised not ...sorry but it did so I left it the whole lot. Yes I was charged for it to.

Basically if you want to go here for a cheeky pasta or pizza it looked fine but anything more expensive like a meat dish I would stay well clear and go to Seaburn, what I did notice is that we were the only customer in there with meat dishes, a mistake on our behalf.

This is the 1st time I've ever wrote on trip advisor but I'm do annoyed with the service and the food I will never go back, stick to what you know

5  Thank LauraAlder
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Amazing Italian restaurant experience. Brilliant service from friendly and smart staff, who were very attentive. The surroundings of Bellini are very impressive, and the restaurant has a enjoyable atmosphere. We had the two course lunchtime happy hour menu, which unlike many restaurants had a wide and varied selection. The food was delicious, every dish we had was hot, the plates were hot, and the timing of the food was excellent. The service was at an even pace, not too hurried, and not too slow. The food was of a high standard, presentation was immaculate, every dish we tasted was sensational, and you could easily tell the ingredients were fresh and cooked in full view of the restaurant ( which is a lovely idea), and the price was great! A fantastic dining experience and we will be returning in the near future.
I had read reviews on this website and can say I wholeheartedly disagree with the negative comments and fully support the positive reviews. Bellini is a wonderful restaurant and I would recommend everyone to try this restaurant, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Kathrin C