“Don't take bookings if you ignore them!”
Review of Bellini

Bellini
Ranked #4 of 422 Restaurants in Sunderland
Price range: US$24 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tyne and Wear
“Don't take bookings if you ignore them!”
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

As a previous reviewer said our problems were before we could eat. We had booked a table for 6:45 and arrived on time. The staff seemed like they weren't expecting us and asked us to wait in the bar area 'for a few minutes'. We finally sat down to eat at 8:20!! This was only after we had reminded the two male waiters twice each that we still didn't have our table.
Once seated we were able to take advantage of the happy hour menu even though the time had finished. Sadly, this was our suggestion rather than coming from the staff by way of apology.
The food was delicious, and the restaurant itself is beautifully decorated. It just seemed that the staff were rushed off their feet.
Hopefully this is a one off, or easily rectified by some in house training, as I would recommend the food and atmosphere here. I'm just not 100% convinced that if I made a booking I'd be seated at the appropriate time, though I'm more than willing to give them another try!

1 Thank Mrs_M_Sunderland

Spennymoor, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Had a lovely meal here on a Saturday afternoon during happy hour - 7 adults and 1 child. We had an assortment of items, some from the specials list, some from the happy hour items and other general menu items. All came well cooked and well presented. The location is lovely, the small beer garden wasn't busy so it meant I could take my four year old out to play whilst we waited for the food to arrive.

The staff we good at catering for my Coeliac's disease and could guide me through ingredients on food I was interested in having. Although they weren't able to offer me gluten free pasta or pizza there was certainly plenty of other items I could enjoy. Everyone was nice and friendly, making sure every need was catered for. Would visit again and indeed we intend to very soon.

• Visited July 2013
north east england
“Ok christmas meal”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We had orderd our christmas meal ahead and they had ran out of the dessert that I ordered!! Food was ok, but nothing too special.

Visited December 2012
South Shields, England, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Been to Bellini 6 times in the last two months and its never let us down yet.. Food is amazing service is brill and the restaurant decor is fab. We have nearly went through the full menu !!!!

tyne &wear
“Another good meal”
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

This was our third visit to bellinis and again no complaints. Staff are very friendly and efficient. The choice on the menu is fantastic with a good special price. You can see the food being cooked in front of you. Atmosphere lovey with nice furniture and ambiance.