“Another fantastic Italian restaurant in Sunderland”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bellini

Bellini
Ranked #4 of 420 Restaurants in Sunderland
Price range: US$24 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Another fantastic Italian restaurant in Sunderland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

It seems like we are blessed with some amazing Italian restaurants in this part of Sunderland - Gabrielle's, The Italian Kitchen and now Bellini. It's a place I drove past for months without trying but I'm so glad I did eventually.

Inside is spacious and light with almost a panorama of windows. It is tastefully decorated modern with an authentic twist.

The food is superb. I had the bruschetta to start which was tasty and plentiful. I chose the Penne Pescatora (seafood pasta) for main and it was abolutely lovely. Loads of mussels and prawns in there and it was very tasty. My sister had pizza (I stole some) and it was also very good and better than your average from most italian's we have visited.

Value for money is exceptional - I think we took advantage of the daytime special which is two courses for somewhere in the region of £8 (might be less, I can't remember!).

Give it a go especially if, like me, you are local and have yet to try it. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spicy Red Sauce!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Came here for a family meal and left very disappointed. Meal started well with the starters which were fine and tasty.

The mains however are where it went wrong, I had a spicy pizza, my partner had a chicken dish, my sister and mother had (apparently) different pasta dishes. Each and every dish seemed to be largely made up of a spicy tomato sauce which tasted exactly the same (whilst i was fine with it as i love spice) the other members of the group who had ordered dishes giving no indication of being spicy found it a little too hot.

It just seemed lazy as these different dishes had little to no distinguishing taste, presumed there must just be a large vat of sauce out the back that is dressed up differently and sent out as different dishes.

Will not be hurrying back.

• Visited February 2014
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Visited during happy hour (extremely busy for a monday night). Food was nice and represented good value. Slight mix up with our order but no big deal. Seems to have risen sharply in popularity in the last few months and it is easy to see why.

Sundrerland, England
“Great meal !!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We recently visited this restaurant, for the first time, and it won't be our last. We arrived to find the place nearly full, but we had pre booked, so were shown to our table by the pleasent and helpfull staff. When our food arrived it was tasty and well presented, and our drinks were good and reasonably priced. It is a Italian restaurant, with a nice atmosphere, and caters for family's with small children, as they have baby chairs. Allround it was a good visit.

“Another delicious meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We came here for a Wednesday early tea. The tables in the restaurant were all booked at 6:10 so we were offered a table in the bar. The table was comfortable but the area does lack the 'finesse' and ambience of the restaurant, you do feel like you are sitting in a bar because that's exactly what you are doing. Although the noise of happy diners does not resonate in the way it does in the main restaurant.
My hubby had pollo bruschetta with vine tomatoes and balsamic drizzle - no starter for me me but I did try his huge starter and will definitely have to try that in future. It was such a good portion size you would only need some divine chunky chips or veg and it would be sufficient for a main course. Hubby followed with pollo cacciatore which I may try next visit. I decided on something different and went for the burger in toasted ciabatta and of course chunky chips. Faultless food. Did have to remind the waiter about drinks we had ordered but we could see it was busy.

1 Thank Millyannpie