“Best Italians in Sunderland”
Review of Italian Kitchen

Italian Kitchen
Ranked #11 of 458 Restaurants in Sunderland
Price range: US$10 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

I visited Friday 21st June. There was 4 of us in total. We had a drink in the bar & was shown to our table about 7. The atmosphere was great & the staff were very helpful. I have visited this restaurant twice before & this was by far the meal I've had here. We all ordered from the £12.95 menu, I had potato skins(as usual) to start & the other 3 had the baby prawns wrapped in the smoked salmon. We all had a mixture of main meals, 2 ordered the chicken with the different sauces, one belly pork & one lambs liver, the potions were massive, very filling. We all still managed desert, the baileys cheesecake was fantastic :). The Italian kitchen is by far the best Italians in Sunderland & I would highly recommend anyone to try it. They've got a great range on the menu & some great offers.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,051)

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Just wanted to write a quick review as, like the title says my third visit to the Italian Kitchen was excellent. Atmosphere cosy and friendly and the food hot and delicious. The specials menu is very good, 3 course for £12.95 but you can choose from a vast menu including a chicken or steak dish. Also, Monday to Friday kids eat for £1 before 6pm.
Please try as you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Italian Kitchen is superb we came up from wales for a wedding and ate here the night before. the staff were excellent really friendly and helpfull. the portions were huge and the price was very cheap but the quality was top standard. 2 starters, portion of bread and olives, 2 mains, 2 sides and 2 desserts plus bottle of wine and 3 soft drinks for £54. all in all the food atmos and staff were great i will return when up north again. cheers

1  Thank c b
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I did not enjoy my last visit to this restaurant and vowed never to return. I visited Saturday lunch as we were disappointed our usual restaurant in Seaburn was full. The restaurant was also quite busy, but we managed to get seated pretty quickly and the waiter was friendly. We both has a special that i believe was £6.99 for two courses. Potato skin and brusheta starters with spicy pasta and a carbonara for main. Spicy pasta was ok but carbonara was very dry and slightly sickly. Much friendlier than our last visit, but food no better than what you get at Sambucca for less money. Will probably try again one evening as I noticed a reasonably priced chicken Kiev on menu.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Italian Kitchen is a little gem a bit off the beaten track in that it's not in a town or city, but this means it's easy to park and to get to. It has a warm and cosy atmosphere, smells great! And serves delicious authentic Italian cuisine. The chef shouts out the orders in Italian as they are ready and this all adds to the atmosphere. Our party had a mix of specials,a la carte and pizza dishes and all were delicious. Staff were friendly, attentive and courteous and great with the four year old member of our group. Prices were good, house wine also delicious, and all in all can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Diane F