“Daughters Birthday”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“Daughters Birthday”
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

What a joy. We booked for 12 but actually there was 13 of us. They were superb and very welcoming. The food arrived hot and EVERYONE enjoyed it. I had the Calzone and it was superb. The service superb and my daughter was treated to a sparkle cake. Which she loved. Beer was cold and wonderful. Second visit and we will be going back.

“Great local restaurant”
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

Staff are excellent, quality of food is very good. The food Has fresh taste and the portions are spot on. Always quick service as well. A must visit if your local and fancy a nice meal out or just for a quick tea.

Visited September 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great Night Out”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I have visited the Italian Kitchen in the past but before I started doing reviews. Great room with lots of tables but plenty of room to have some privacy. Full house the night of my visit with a vibrant atmosphere. This restaurant must have the best service in the North East. The welcome was warm and friendly and made you feel as though you were a special customer. Good menu with the usual range of pasta and pizza. There is also a good range of meat and fish dishes. From memory I remembered the portions are usually large so decided to just have bread, oils and olives as an appertiser and chicken with a filling wrapped in parma ham as main. Shrewd move. The portions aren't large they are huge! Very well presented and impeccably prepared.
Now back to the service. The team here must be the best by a mile in the area. They make you feel it's great to have you visit them and you do feel special. Friendly without being over friendly. One negative. I would prefer the bubbly blonde waitress to ditch the shorts, Skirt or trousers would look much more professional - or is it just me being an old fogey,
All in all a great night out. Food terrific if a little bit too much of it for my taste, although I did manage to finish it!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Steve S
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal at this restaurant ... A great wine selection, great service, great value and delicious food. I love that as part of the three course special menu it offers coffee as an alternative to desert. Paid a surcharge and had the lamb shank - it was worth it as it was so delicious! I can recommend the crab and chilli ravioli to start. Lovely. Thank you for a nice night!

“Not quite right”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We live less than five minutes walk from this place. Booked for 5:30pm left home at 5:25. I had one beer & one glass of red. Wife had one G & T. We both had starters and main courses and were back home before 6:15pm. Talk about quick, I am still trying to catch my breath. It was busy, noisy and bright. The food was fine but could have been hotter. However the staff were first class. We will go again at different time and report back.

• Visited August 2014