“Great Service, delicious food!”

The Place Cafe Bar & Bistro
Ranked #67 of 458 Restaurants in Sunderland
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Stylish Licenced Café with variety of choices for Breakfast, Lunch and snacks and a Bar Bistro in the evenings. The menus offer Take-out Menu Extensive menu Also choices of Past & Pizza & grills Healthy Menu Vegetarian Menu Halal Menu Vegan Options Gluten Free We also have:
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Today was the second time I have ate at the place cafe and again it was really really nice. The service was great, the staff are so friendly. I had the cajun chicken with rice and chips, the portion was very generous and it was great value for money..... oh and the dessert the lemon drizzle sundae was to die for hehe x

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Having eaten here on many occasions and really enjoyed the food, our visit this time brought a real mixed bag.
The two Paninis were really small in comparison to previous visits and were also overcooked. The chunky chips were very greasy and also overdone.
A baked potato with beans and cheese was adequate if nothing spectacular.
I hope this was just a one off, because Sunderland needs a quality cafe, although this visit may determine a change of scenery for the near future.

3  Thank jules1408
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I didn't even know this cafe was here until I passed by chance and decided to have lunch here the next time we were passing , which turned out to be today ! It was very busy but we found a table straight away and I was impressed by how well the staff reacted to customers coming in and quickly sorting a table & moving chairs etc. I ordered a toasted chicken tikka wrap which was absolutely delicious and my husband had a jacket potato with tuna and mediterranean salad which he really enjoyed , with tea the bill was around £12 which was very reasonable .
I really enjoyed my lunch and will definately return for another one of those tikka wraps !!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I've eaten here for a few years and found that the atmosphere and service is always great.

Their food ranges from great breakfasts and lunches and even just teas and coffees but also a range of cakes.

I've never gone to The Place and come away feeling short-changed in fact most of the time I struggle to finish because the portions are best described as generous!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I've been here for lunch a couple of times. Really enjoy the food, with its generous portions. The inferno burger (although lacking in chilli!) is delicious and homemade, not a processed burger. Prices are very reasonable. This is a lovely place in summer, as they open the big windows and there is space outside.