“Great food, great staff, great party”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Place Cafe

The Place Cafe
Ranked #86 of 420 Restaurants in Sunderland
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Contemporary
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Durham
“Great food, great staff, great party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Smashing venue for a party. Lovely well presented tastey food. Service excellent.Staff very polite and friendly. Manager really welcoming and helpful. Will definitely return.

Visited March 2014

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Very unprofessional”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I visit the cafe often when working in the area and was disgusted to have my breakfast ruined by the behaviour of the boss and the way he spoke to a couple of the girls in front of us, bad language and disrespect towards the staff who provide great service!!!

6 Thank Smithj87
London, United Kingdom
“Bad Coffee”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I had about half hour left on my parking and decided to have a coffee. The Café was very busy so I asked for an Americano and was asked to take a seat, The waitress ignored me and continued to talk to a couple in front of me for seven minutes, finally meter ticking I asked the cashier for the coffee and moved to another seat. Eventually it arrived via the same waitress, but I could see through it and wondered if she could have another shot in it. This was done finally and when I paid I was told I couldn't use a debt card for anything under five pounds even though I was never told this or never saw this printed anywhere. I explained all my change had been used for parking and another nicer cashier came and said this time an they would do this. The food from what I could see looked good and staff were everywhere. But it was not a good coffee or experience at all. I was disappointed and to make it worse my bill for one coffee was £3.30.

1 Thank pj b
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Great Service, delicious food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Today was the second time I have ate at the place cafe and again it was really really nice. The service was great, the staff are so friendly. I had the cajun chicken with rice and chips, the portion was very generous and it was great value for money..... oh and the dessert the lemon drizzle sundae was to die for hehe x

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Disappointing this time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Having eaten here on many occasions and really enjoyed the food, our visit this time brought a real mixed bag.
The two Paninis were really small in comparison to previous visits and were also overcooked. The chunky chips were very greasy and also overdone.
A baked potato with beans and cheese was adequate if nothing spectacular.
I hope this was just a one off, because Sunderland needs a quality cafe, although this visit may determine a change of scenery for the near future.

• Visited February 2014