“Great place for lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

I go to the tea rooms quite often and have never been disappointed. On this occasion I went with friends. I had delicious chicken and veg pie, another had chicken and ham, and one had thick veg soup, all said they enjoyed their meals. For dessert I had mars bar pavlova, it was wonderful, but the portion was huge and they offered me a box as I was not able to eat it all, my husband finished it off when I got home. The staff, as usual were so friendly and polite. I do think the meals are on the pricey side, but given the quality, I'm happy to pay.

There are newer reviews for Penshaw Tea Rooms

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Passing through the area viewing Penshaw Monument there is a Garden centre situated at the foot of this folly.
I was impressed with the quality of food at its Tea Room/restaurant , and if anyone is in the area well worthy a visit for a browse and afternoon tea.

A lovely dining experience and the staff quite delightful

3  Thank Gary M
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The surroundings are very pleasant. The food is usually very good but we too find it very pricey £16 for 2 sandwiches and 2 coffee we can only go there as a treat but it is always very busy.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

although small it was very busy with elderly especially, it was expensive for drinks and the food was just ok, nice outside seating

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We went on a Saturday morning and found it busy so best get early or be prepared to wait which is a bit hard when all around you are the sites and smells of home cooked goodies. It is a bit expensive but as a treat after a walk up to penshaw monument its lovely, though given the size of everything you might want the walk afterwards tl burn off the calories!!

1  Thank 563parkers5