“Kids and adults love this park.”

Herrington Country Park
Ranked #2 of 49 things to do in Sunderland
Durham
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Kids and adults love this park.”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Able to sit in the play pk on grassy mounds and have a nice picnic without being pestered by dogs as play area forbids them entry so it makes the experience much safer + a lot more pleasurable for children + adults too.

1 Thank Frankbern

Washington England
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“lovely walks in a nice environment”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I go here regularly with my 18mth old grandson, either on my own or with family members. I love the walks, and can choose long or shorter routes. When on my own I tend to stick to the main pathways as there is always other people out and about, with children/dogs etc. Its like a little oasis with lots of wildlife and birds to see. They have a skate park, my granddaughter had great fun there with her scooter last summer. There is also a lovely play park suitable for all ages. There is also a little cafe, nice to have a cuppa or a hot chocolate on cold wintry days. This is one of my favourite places to walk as its easily accessible, and caters for everyone.

Visited May 2014
Sunderland, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Lots of grass”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was my first visit although I live quite near. I visited with a "strolling" group. There seem to be no steep gradients so walking was easy. I did feel a little threatened at times when groups of young mountain bikers came hurtling by.
I felt that the park was a little disappointing. There are ponds with wild fowl, but Washington Wild Fowl Park is a better venue for this.
Also, at the Washington park one can quickly feel that you are away from houses, traffic etc. Here wide flat vistas leave one in no doubt it's in a built up area.
However, it is free, plenty of car parking, a cafe,, farm shop and garden centre just over the road. It also has a frequent bus service from Sunderland.
It seems a good venue for mountain bikers, strollers, dog walkers, joggers and families.
But not really for me.

Visited June 2014
“No public toilets! Litter Bins over flowing.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Lovely walks & views. Nice park for children to play in.. but.. No Public Toilets. . There closed.. the café won't allow people to use their toilets. Litter Bins are overflowing.

Washington, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“HERRINGTON COUNTY PARK”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My grandchildren love the play ground and going to feed the ducks and swans. Theres plenty of space for a nice walk or a jog and many pieces of sculpture.

Visited May 2014