“Happy, Happy Happy.......”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
South Shields, England, United Kingdom
“Happy, Happy Happy.......”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I visited today with my daughter for a spot of brunch. I'm a 45 year old foodie and my daughter a 21 year old developing foodie! The ambience is relaxed, friendly and professional, which matches the level of service. The decor fits beautifully with the ethos. The menu was extensive and full of wonderfully sounding food - it does raise expectations and we weren't disappointed. I had the avocado and asparagus salad; it was wonderfully fresh, and cooked to perfection with a mild dressing that complimented the food without overpowering it. The portion was just right for brunch too. My daughter had a bacon and poached egg ciabatta sandwich, I never thought you could make a bacon sandwich taste so delicious! If you want perfectly cooked poached eggs this is the place. I had organic fennel tea - which was...well, fennel tea and lovely, but I wish I had followed my daughters example and had the organge juice - four whole freshly squeezed organic organges..........refreshing and healthy.

I read the negative review below......I don't think we visited the same place, and I'm not easily pleased. If you've not been, take the time, it's so worth it. It isn't the cheapest place, but it is value for money - beautifully fresh organic produce, well cooked with super friendly service. A gem of a find.

3 Thank Claire H

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“coffee shop conisuer”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I felt after reading a review from a person who was less than happy with happy organic, that I should write what I feel. I coffee in many coffee shops and can always recommend a coffee shop in the north east. my experience in the happy organic has always been a very pleasurable one and I have taken many friends and acquaintances there for a coffee or a meal on many occasions. I have even taken my partner who doesn't often take part in my coffee outings and he is a very fussy eater, he loved the organic sausages and the lovely soup.
Let me tell you about the shop, it is organised so that you know where the seating area is and where the food and organic products are that you can buy, there is definitely definition in the shop.
The staff are very welcoming and extremely attentive and approachable.
The girl which owns it, is very experienced and knowable in organic and healthy food and products and is always willing to give advice.
The menu is vast and varied, and there is always a lovely selection of speciality dishes on a board which is brought to the table, the staff are willing to explain what is in each dish and will chop and change ingredients to suit.
I feel as a customer which visits the happy organic at least 3 times a week that this is by far one of the best coffee shops I have visited for a long time
I feel that the person who wrote a really negative report about happy organic had some under lying reason to give a totally unrealistic view of this lovely comfortable coffee shop

2 Thank maxine t
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Happy Organic best cafe in the North East”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I have visited this lovely cafe in Cleadon Village a couple of times a week since it opened last year. Either with girl friends for a coffee or lunch, or with friends and family for an early tea and glass of wine on a Saturday. As many reviewers have said, the food is always delicious and beautifully presented. Always fresh and tasty. The staff are always without exception friendly and welcoming. The cafe itself is a delight, a lovely atmosphere with a quirky well thought out layout. Lots of lovely things to buy and try and I would highly recommend the lovely organic wines which you can buy after you have tried! My children love the healthy smoothies and the sausage sandwich or BLT and I love the spelt risotto. I noticed there is one poor review of this cafe which I simply cannot understand as it is the best cafe in the area and absolutely nothing like the description they give!

1 Thank Pan-67
“Excellent - try it!”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I have been to Happy Organic lots of times and have never been disappointed. The food is lovely and service is very friendly and efficient.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Happy Organic - how very apt!”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Happy Organic is one of those special places that you don't come across that often. It is individual, quirky and offers a refreshingly different take on cafe food. I have to confess at not being someone who necessarily seeks out organic food but I stumbled upon Happy Organic a few months ago and have been back several times since. The menu is very well thought out with plenty of choices of organic, healthy, freshly cooked food. The food itself is delicious and in my experience, cannot be faulted. The wine list is organic too and they offer a good range 'by the glass' which gives the opportunity to try organic wines I'd previously not heard of. I've always found the staff to be really friendly, helpful and knowledgable about the food. Happy Organic is a little gem. It has a happy atmosphere, staffed by happy people. It's a very aptly named place and I happily recommend it!

1 Thank Karen1960_21