“Avoid”

newcastle upon tyne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Nice sunday morning for my 5 & 3 year olds as a treat, however my boy landed on a girl on the bouncy castle and as I was explaining what he had done and has to say sorry, the girls knuckle dragging dad came over and threatened to brake my legs. I guess some visitors to this establishment think saying sorry was the wrong thing to do.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank kkto

Hcbrown
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Alright (ish)”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Bring my kids here most Saturdays and the love it, it is expensive to get in and all the staff tend to congregate outside for a fag which isn't very nice, the food had always been ok, the thing that always gets me is how freezing cold the place is, all in all as someone else said, kids love it and adults hate it.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Hcbrown
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Disgraceful”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

It was the Easter holidays and with me being in year 11 I had to go in to do revision, so as I finished at 1 I walked round cookies to meet my nana and nephew, whom were already in, to find that I had to pay 50 p just to go in and sit down. When I walked in the place looked a mess, the tables were scruffy, still had empty plates on them which no one had come to collect. Once id been there an hour my nana offered me something to eat, so she ordered me some chips to find them cold by the time they got there. As it was time to leave my nana sent me in the play area to get my nephew and as I went in there was children just being horrible to everyone and the place looked a mess there was actually sick which no one had bothered to come and clean up. All in all I don't think I will return, I'd rather take my nephew to the wessington two minutes away and more than half the price.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Samanthaaaaaax
Washington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“poor value for money”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We had a family party here, the food was bad, i know its a kids party but chocolate spread sandwiches and cheap cheese slice sandwiches with crisps and biscuits is not great value in my opinion. When a family member complained at the end of the party to the staff they were told not to come back and 'banned' my niece from returning. they later stopped her going in for a dance lesson in the centre (a 4 year old little girl!!)
Bad food, bad staff.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank RachDisneyFan
Sunderland
120 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 158 helpful votes
“Decent couple of hours play time”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Visited on a Sunday tea-time as other venues were all full with parties. First time I'd visited. Interesting to see they've added an ice-rink.

Play area is indeed good. Was impressed with the variety for the under 4yrs. Glad I stayed as the little one loved it, but my first impression was that it was tired and dirty. Lots of uncleaned tables, tables themselves looked tired, floor messy. That said within 5 minutes of us being there staff came round to clean and then it looked a lot better. Hopefully they keep this up. Some bins around would be helpful. Thought the drinks were expensive. Didn't try the food - yet, the party groups appeared happy.

Could also do with more controls on the way in/out - didn't look as if the "press to exit" button was working.

Still, good for the price (£4 for 1 child + two adults) which is one of the cheapest. Could do with a few more cleaning staff at busy times but my 18 month old loved it and is in bed early absolutely knackered,

so we'll be back