“Talk for England,good restaurant,annoying loud man.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Martinos Bar Seaburn
Ranked #102 of 417 Restaurants in Sunderland
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Talk for England,good restaurant,annoying loud man.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Having spent a Saturday afternoon at martinos with my wife for lunch you would think that I'd have nothing to write about. We have been here on several occasions in the past and all was good until our last visit. On entering this eatery we found it to be very quiet for a Saturday afternoon so we had a choice of tables. We choose the booth area next to the restaurant doors and sat down noticing an elderly couple sitting in the booth behind us. Drinks and food were ordered and delivered at speed but through my entire 45 minute visit I had a large ginger man who I think was the restaurant manager sitting behind me with the elderly couple talking absolute rubbish in a very loud voice. This restaurant was pretty empty and all I could hear was him droning on about anything and everything,a bit of an expert on parking laws and bus turning circles. I understand about customer service as I am in the industry myself but to talk so loud and for so long might just be the reason the place was dead. I enjoy the food and you can't go wrong with the prices but I left with something I hadn't ordered,a headache.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank jonstirzaker

kayto2
“Great restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Eat here quite a bit. Love the seafood dishes and staff are great with kids. The atmosphere of the restaurant is cosy without being cramped. Haven't tried the 3 courses for 4.95 but it looks good and well worth it at that price. Can not fault the place!

• Visited July 2014
“Nice Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Called in here with the wife for a latte coffee as we were in need of a hot beverage drink. This we enjoyed & it was reasonably priced. I don`t usually frequent Italian establishments as I do not like Italian food. Saying that the interior was nice & pleasant. Next night when the airshow was on we called in for a drink. Nice pint of Fosters costing just over £3. Because of the large number of people in the bar there was obviously quite a queue. However, this did not take long to go down. Can`t comment on the food.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We go to Martinos regularly; the staff are always extremely friendly and the food is excellent. The lunch deal (3 courses for under £5) is amazing value, and my partner and I have never had a bad meal here, even when the restaurant is busy and we've ordered from the lunch menu. I always have the carbonara and my partner recommends the bbq steak, and the homemade chips are fab! We've had the sunday dinner a few times and that is also lovely, and great value. Thoroughly recommend!

• Visited June 2014
“Well”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I found the staff unfriendly !
But the food was good !
The decor is nice !the place could do with a good vlean!but i am rating this purley on th mains we had !