“Beautiful food!”

Ranked #273 of 433 Restaurants in Sunderland
Cuisines: International, British
“Beautiful food!”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I had lunch here with a friend today. We both ordered Salmon and Prawns, with a side order of chips. The food arrived within ten minutes. The salmon was poached and came with prawns and a creamy garlic sauce, it was absolutely delicious - very light but filling. The chips were home made and incredibly tasty.
I would highly recommend Gatsby's - this was the first time I've been, but I will definitely be back. The service also deserves a mention - friendly and prompt. There's nothing worse than sitting with your empty plates and glasses in front of you and the staff were nice and quick off the mark to get the table cleared. Well done and thank you Gatsby's!

• Visited January 2014

“Nice new refurb”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Great pub to watch the fooball on, loads of big screens and telly's, free food at half time. Beer good lovely spirits/mixers, slightly more expensive compared to other bars near but it is a good all rounder and the owner is lovely.

Visited October 2013
“Restaurant quality”
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Did not realise it had refurb , tastefully done . My husband ordered Viking gammon absolutely faultless I had fish and chips the same quality. The second time we went which was day after I had Hong Kong chicken and my husband had beef cobbler the food is absolutely delicious and the prices are really reasonable whoever is cooking the food well done your a star . And to the owners and bar staff well done you are all doing a grand job and no doubt I will be returning . Go taste the food you'll not be disappointed x

• Visited September 2013
“Quite Pleasant”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My wife & myself popped into here on Father`s Day & had a roast beef Sunday lunch. We only had the small plate version which was ample for both of us. For the price we paid & including 2 drinks it was well worth the money. Meal not great but still enjoyable & would consider returning.

• Visited June 2013
“The food is exceptional!”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Have eaten here many times over the past year and I have to say I'm consistantly impressed. Usually there is something on the weekly specials board for me but if not there is plenty of variety on a considered main menu. Great value and service make daytime dining in Gatsby a must when visiting the city centre.

• Visited April 2013