“nothing special”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“nothing special”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was passing by the national glass centre brasserie and decided to call in it was around three o clock we were seated and given menus I was going to have a snack but upon checking the prices I was shocked to see that plain ordinary cheeseburger is £13 so decided that I wasn’t that hungry instead I ordered spot of tea for one and a coffee for the better half I got a pot of hot water with a tea bag in a packet and my partner got her coffee’ Non of the staff seemed interested in giving us our bill so we went to the counter to pay I told the person behind the counter our table number he rang up the till and I was given a bill for £24 I queried this and the bill was checked I got a revised bill for £4:80 I was happier with this so we paid and left

1 Thank PeterFli
NGC_GlassCentre, Manager at The Glass Yard, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding our Brasserie. It is a shame that you thought our cheeseburgers were plain, ordinary and cost £13 The cheeseburgers cost £10.95 and are 8oz gourmet burgers hand made by the chefs in the kitchen and served with relish, salad, onion rings and gastro chips and the chefs use locally sourced produce to make them. I am sure if you had ordered one you would have found it filling and delicious. If you did not wish to pay £10.95 we offer sandwiches and light bites which may have been more suitable if you were looking for a snack. I am saddened that you were dissatisfied with the service we offer. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and apologise if you felt you did not receive the service we are proud of. I do hope you return soon.

• Polish first
Durham
“Staff friendly and helpful”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Great staff. Cheerful and helpful.
Lovely local produce used in food.
Great view of a working dock which is what the area is famous for.
Just lovely all round.

• Visited August 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our Brasserie. We pride ourselves on our service and are passionate about using locally sourced produce. We look forward to your return visit. If you wish to keep updated regarding future events and offers then please visit our website.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gorgeous platters”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Popped in tonight on spur of the moment. Although very quiet this didn't spoil atmosphere. Ordered seafood platter and antipasti platter and a portion of chips between the two of us. Food was absolutely gorgeous and just the right quantity. Bill including a glass of wine and beer less than £30. Staff attentive without being intrusive. Would definitely recommend to anyone and we will be going back.

• Visited August 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our Brasserie. We are really pleased you enjoyed your platters and the service you received. We look forward to your return visit. If you wish to keep updated regarding future events and offers then please visit our website.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Nice but pricey.”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

There was 2 adults and 4 children we all had a drink and a meal and the price was not to bad bit pricey if you have a large family, the staff where very polite and friendly we did not have to wait very long for the food and it was very nicely presented. We all enjoyed what we had would recommend it.

Visited August 2014
NGC_GlassCentre, Manager at The Glass Yard, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our Brasserie. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service you received and the high quality food that was delivered to your table. I look forward to welcoming you back. If you wish to keep updated regarding future events of offers then please visit our website.
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
“Friendly Staff excellent service and food”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We visit the Glass Centre fairly regularly and we have never been disappointed in either the Centre itself or the Brasserie
The food is of a very high quality and the staff are also friendly and efficient without hovering over you. They have a knack of being there if you need further service
A very big well done

1 Thank John B
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our Brasserie. We pride ourselves on our service and standards and I am pleased that you have enjoyed your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back. If you wish to keep updated regarding future events and offers then please visit our website.