“Good food, excellent customer service”
Review of The Cooper Rose

The Cooper Rose
Ranked #254 of 432 Restaurants in Sunderland
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast
Durham, United Kingdom
“Good food, excellent customer service”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Attended on steak Tuesday. Ordered 2 rump and 1 sirloin steak all to be cooked medium. On there arrival all the steaks were well done. Brought this to the attention of team leader Anthony who promptly replaced all meals with perfectly cooked steaks along with a complimentary drink. Minor hiccup but rectified with excellent customer service. Excellent value too, Steak and drink just over £7,00.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Good friendly pub”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Food is good, drinks are cheap and service is with a smile, the only thing that lets it down is the wifi. They advertise free wifi but you can never connect to it, does not matter where you sit or how many are in you just can't connect

• Visited December 2013
Sunderland
“Beer good, pub not!!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

On a day out in the town I went here for the 1st time. I'm not a fan of Wetherspoons as buildings, finding them formulaic and souless. Coupled with that, however, is the fact that the beer is always good and well kept and the prices are excellent (loved the idea that Carling pish was £3.25 whilst me excellent real ale was a quid cheaper!!). The pitchers and cocktails look interesting.

Surroundings are like all pubs of this type ~ good, solid furniture and furnishings (though clearing the tables a bit quicker would be an option). Lad crowds can get a bit lairy, hate to think what it's be like on a night.

Complaints below about the food are silly ~ for a few quid you're not going to get Egon Ronay, are you? It's quick and portions are decent. Just don't expect it to be excellent.

• Visited November 2013
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Not the best for food”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I came here for a family meal and I've given this place a couple of chances now but sadly I won't be coming again for food.

The service is very quick, we waited less than ten minutes for our food to arrive. I'd ordered the bbq chicken, bacon and cheese panini and for £5.50 it was a sad little portion. The panini was just about warm and unfortunately the bacon was really fatty as well.

As I said, this wasn't the first time I'd had a bad food experience here. Last time was on a Saturday night and the time before was on a weekday afternoon so for me there isn't a good time of day to eat here.

I'll return for the wide variety of drinks, they really do have a great selection and very reasonably priced and in my opinion it is the nicest Wetherspoons in the town for interior and atmosphere, I just won't be eating here again.

Visited November 2013
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
“Great steak.”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We visited here on a Tuesday not realising that they have a special steak night which offered steak at a great price. I ordered the 14oz Angus rump steak which came with chips, peas, mushroom and tomato. I also got onion rings and a peppercorn sauce with a drink and chocolate fudge cake and ice cream for dessert, which all came in a meal deal for about £11. The steak was cooked just the way I like it and I was impressed with the size of it for the price. Only problem I had was being given the wrong meal originally but this was rectified straight away by the staff when I pointed it out. I definitely would visit again for this meal.

• Visited October 2013