“Best Indian Meal Ever”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We went to the Goa Restaurant which has recently opened with friends. We didn't know what to expect the place looked fabulous it had a great atmosphere, you can have a table at the window overlooking the beach ( what a view). From going in to coming out the staff where excellent. There was a great selection of food to choose from and the waiters where very helpful by explaining anything on the menu we were not sure of. All of us had something different everyone was pleased with their meal.The food looked beautiful and hot. One of our friends took a photograph of her meal because it looked so nice. Every one had plenty to eat and were pleased when the bill came because it was not too expensive. Good time had by all.

2  Thank LYNDA_ANDERSON_11

Reviewed 6 September 2013

After My wife read a review in the Sunderland Echo which scored 10/10 it was with great anticipation that we made our way to what used to be the Priti Raj. The entrance is extremely enticing and even though we had not booked we did manage to get a table for 2 (would turned out to be good timing) After being asked to take a seat in the waiting area (which is the norm in any restaurant that aspires to be a great eating destination) we were going to order a drink and we had not even opened the menu and we were whisked away to our table, which did feel slightly rushed. But as it transpires the sooner the better! The restaurant itself is presented with pressed white tablecloths and beautiful cloth serviettes which is so refreshing from getting a paper one as we did from another highly rated Indian Restaurant.
As this was our 1st visit we decided to eat from the Happy Hour Menu which is 4 courses priced at £9.95 pp,included were a Starter-Main course-Rice and Naan.
My wife ordered the Prawn Cocktail and Myself Garlic Mushroom on puree, A 'prawn cocktail' is a 'prawn cocktail' as my wife commented, but the prawns were plentiful and my wife enjoyed it thoroughly. My Garlic Mushrooms were presented very well but they were a little void of garlic,however the fresh coriander through the dish did makeup for my slight disappointment.
For Our Main course my wife ordered Prawn Pasanda and myself Chicken Koria, we decided to Just order 1 rice (Pilau) and 1 Naan Bread (coriander) between us.
By Now the Restaurant was very nearly full to capacity, I must admit it does make a difference when a restaurant is full the Ambiance was fantastic.
Our Main courses shortly followed, again presented in a lovely way.
My wifes Prawn Pasanda is the best mild curry I have ever eaten- ANYWHERE- and I was full of jealousy as my wife made her way through hers. My Chicken Koria was again a little underwhelming on the flavour front but was pleasant enough and the chicken was so moist which makes a big difference, The one person portion of Rice and Naan was enough for the two of us, The Naan was exceptional and I could not resist dipping it into the remnants of my wifes prawn pasanda. I did think the drink prices were a little steep it was just over £6 for a small glass of Rose and a J20. You could tell the Staff are still learning in the restaurant but the service was very good, One pet hate My Wife and I have, is when you get the Forced or half hearted, Don't really care i have to do it question of "Is Everything Okay?" " minutes into your main. This Thankfully did not happen, the waiter did ask if we enjoyed our starter which was enough and a genuine question. Overall my wife was very very satisfied with everything, for me I will keep the Jury out for now, we will definatley visit again and eat from the full priced menu some of the Fish Dishes sound amazing. This Restaurant has only been open for 3 weeks so you would hope to have a positive visit, The Test is how will the experience be in 2 -3 months time. I look forward to finding out.

2  Thank Pipster1973
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Dined here this evening for the 1st time and can guarantee it won't be the last! The total experience was top class - from the food to the service.

We arrived shortly before 7 without a reservation and were surprised to see the place so full and with such a buzzing atmosphere. Even though the place was clearly heaving and we hadn't a reservation, the waiter escorted us to the seating area and tried his hardest to arrange a table as quickly as possible. Within 5 minutes we were seated and our order was taken.

There's a very reasonable happy hour each evening from 5pm-7pm, although we arrived just before 7, we were still able to order from this menu, demonstrating exceptional service.

The food was faultless, authentic yet modern. Presentation was impressive also.

2 happy customers - will definitely return.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Newly installed décor, attentive yet un obtrusive service, perfect food and drink - and an ocean view

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Visited this new restaurant after promotional leaflet through door. The entrance was beautiful but when you enter the restaurant itself and see the stunning views even better. The decor was tasteful, the staff attentive and friendly but not overly so. The food itself was presented beautifully and tasted just as good. Best Indian I've been to in a while. Will definitely be going back.