“Beautiful Hidden away Gem!”
Review of The Scullery

The Scullery
Ranked #5 of 425 Restaurants in Sunderland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cafe/Bistro during the day , Italian kitchen on a evening, set in luxury surroundings Live music every Thursday & Saturday nights Traditional Sunday roast 12pm till 5PM then the Italian menu from 6pm till 10pm
Sunderland, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful Hidden away Gem!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I don't normally write reviews on trip advisor but I have to say I had to leave a comment. This new restaurant is simply amazing!

The food was delicious me and my husband had the king prawns for starter and both had a pasta for mains. The portions were very generous and the prawns were succulent in flavour.

From reading the previous review I am surprised to hear about the service being poor. I had mentioned when booking about it being our 25th wedding anniversary but I didn't expect for the table to be decorated in silver confetti, a message from the staff congratulating us, a rose left on the table for me and complementary ice cream with a silver candle. I was over the moon! The staff were attentive not just to our table but to everyone around us. Which made it a real pleasurable evening. The restaurant interior is just stunning I wanted to take the furniture home!

I definitely will be back it left me wanting more!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Suzanne B

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“No atmosphere”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

A few of us booked for Sunday lunch, the food was nice but the service was a let down, the waiting staff did not seem to be aware of their jobs. We might try again, however we took home an evening menu and the choice was disappointing so it will only be a visit if there is nowhere else to go.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank tara d
Hayley S, Owner at The Scullery, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
I am sorry to hear you feel the service was a let down, we have just opened and sometimes it does take a while to settle in, I can assure you we strive on excellent customer service and try our hardest to please, i would love for you to come back in and to give us a second try, We have 3 to 4 specials on every evening not just the main menu so this may change your views and thoughts thank you for your honest comments Hayley