“Amazing food and service”
Review of The Scullery

The Scullery
Ranked #5 of 455 Restaurants in Sunderland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cafe/Bistro during the day , Italian kitchen on a evening, set in luxury surroundings Live music every Thursday & Saturday nights Traditional Sunday roast 12pm till 5PM then the Italian menu from 6pm till 10pm
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We just had the most amazing food and service at this hidden gem in Sunderland! Such a nice family feel and they could not be more friendlier and helpful. I recommend this to anybody visiting the area. Will be a regular here for the foreseeable future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

The staff are extremely friendly and the food is beautiful, lovely atmosphere and it's very well laid out defo worth a visit

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Visited with my sister for lunch on 9th Nov and we enjoyed two great Mexican wraps from the lunchtime menu and shared a portion of chips. The food was great and well presented and the service we received was very attentive. The staff took the time to chat to customers and were especially helpful to customers who visited with young children. The place has been decorated to a high standard and has a lovely relaxed and cosy atmosphere. Will definitely be visiting again for lunch and will also be back to try something from the evening menu with my husband.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I don't normally write reviews on trip advisor but I have to say I had to leave a comment. This new restaurant is simply amazing!

The food was delicious me and my husband had the king prawns for starter and both had a pasta for mains. The portions were very generous and the prawns were succulent in flavour.

From reading the previous review I am surprised to hear about the service being poor. I had mentioned when booking about it being our 25th wedding anniversary but I didn't expect for the table to be decorated in silver confetti, a message from the staff congratulating us, a rose left on the table for me and complementary ice cream with a silver candle. I was over the moon! The staff were attentive not just to our table but to everyone around us. Which made it a real pleasurable evening. The restaurant interior is just stunning I wanted to take the furniture home!

I definitely will be back it left me wanting more!

1  Thank Suzanne B
Reviewed 4 November 2013

A few of us booked for Sunday lunch, the food was nice but the service was a let down, the waiting staff did not seem to be aware of their jobs. We might try again, however we took home an evening menu and the choice was disappointing so it will only be a visit if there is nowhere else to go.

1  Thank tara d
Hayley S, Owner at The Scullery, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

I am sorry to hear you feel the service was a let down, we have just opened and sometimes it does take a while to settle in, I can assure you we strive on excellent customer service and try our hardest to please, i would love for you to come back in and to give us a second try, We have 3 to 4 specials on every evening not just the main menu so this may change your views and thoughts thank you for your honest comments Hayley