“Quality”

The Scullery
Ranked #5 of 433 Restaurants in Sunderland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cafe/Bistro during the day , Italian kitchen on a evening, set in luxury surroundings Live music every Thursday & Saturday nights Traditional Sunday roast 12pm till 5PM then the Italian menu from 6pm till 10pm
sunderland england
“Quality”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just been to the scullery for lunch. As usual service was excellent, food was very tasty and presented well. Staff even though very busy were still very helpfull and friendly. Nothing is ever a both to the staff and toilets are spotless. Cant wait to try thursday nite when they have enertainment.

2 Thank Elizabeth s

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Must try”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The Scullery is quite local to us and whilst the location is not that great, the team have made great changes inside to make a lively and pleasant eatery. We visited in the evening and were made to feel very welcome by the attentive and friendly staff.

The menu is quite simple but offers a lot of choice and is supplemented by the Specials Menu which had a lot of extra dishes to choose from.

The Starters were all really tasty, from the Asparagus with Ham & Poached Egg, to the Stuffed Mushrooms and the Chicken livers. Our mains particularly the Fillet Steak and Rack of Lamb were cooked to perfection. Everything was served piping hot and came with lots of delicious sauces.

We had desserts, plenty to drink and the bill came to under £40 per head which we thought was great value for the quality of the meal we had had. The staff were lovely, chatty but not intrusive and provided great service, we will return.

3 Thank PeterChris
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“could be better a bit over hyped”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I was really disappointed with my visit, the coffee was not good and I think a little barista training wouldn't go a miss! don't get me wrong there are nice elements to this place, the staff are very attentive and the place has a nice décor and it appears to be very family friendly but I think the food lets them down, I had the sunday roast and I thought it was very average, veg were a just say warm and the roasties were a bit hard in the middle, I think if you put requests on tables for reviews then you have to take the good with the bad and I think this place could be potentially great but it needs to be all about the food, I hope the owners take the criticism in good spirits and listens, the reason I didn't complain on the day as the place was really busy and I didn't want to draw attention to it.

1 Thank Jo H
Hayley S, Owner at The Scullery, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Jo H, Thank you so much for your comments i do take all reviews serious and try where possible to put the issues right, I am sorry you didn't enjoy your experience at The Scullery,
I have to say that i was disappointed to read your comments as any owner would be,i feel our food is to a very high standard, however this is something i will be looking into, Veg being cold isn't good so i do apologise about that, Coffee not being good, i use an Italian bean which i believe to be very good and have had no complaints however its not just the bean that makes a good coffee your right its the barista doing it, I understand you felt you didn't want to say anything at the time,however i must stress i can only put issues right if someone tells me, all in all thanks for your review Hayley
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I had been to The Scullery for lunch a couple of times and discovered it was an Italian restaurant on on evening. As my it was my boyfriends birthday, 8 of us decided to try the restaurant out on an evening for the first time. From the first step through the door to the last the staff were absolutely fantastic. They were friendly, attentive and the service in general was first class including the manager with personal little touches included for my boyfriends birthday that I have never seen in any other restaurant. The food was beautiful, the best we have all had for quite a while for a more than reasonable price. It was our first visit but we will all be returning on a regular basis from now on. 5 stars all round. Thank you to all the staff from the Scullery.

Sunderland, Massachusetts
“Great food”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was a romantic visit! Our food was fresh , lovely and tasty ...
Amazing service and the place was lovely and clean ............
We will be back soooooooon .